Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP bolt-on activated but still showing dynamic

FIXED
turnma
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Static IP bolt-on activated but still showing dynamic

Hi.  As per the subject, I activated the static IP bolt-on a couple of days ago, rebooted the router, but when I click the "Configure Static IP" link in the portal I get told:

Current Status: You are currently using a dynamic IP address

The help pages say I don't need to contact anyone to activate the static IP, but underneath the text telling me I'm still dynamic it says:

If you'd like to add or remove a Static IP please  or call our Support Team on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200

That link takes me to a page that says "We're sorry, but you can no longer ask a question through the Help Assistant", so it looks like the documentation is all out of date!

Could someone please advise how I get the portal to reflect that I'm now allocated a static IP, if indeed I am, or how to activate the static IP if not?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Static IP bolt-on activated but still showing dynamic

Hello @turnma

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused here. I've just refreshed the component on the account if you'd like to restart your router and give it another go. If that doesn't work, I'll remove and re-add the component on the account. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
turnma
Dabbler

Thanks for the help.  Unfortunately after another router restart it still shows the IP as dynamic in the portal.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @turnma 

Try rebooting your router one more time. I've just removed and re-added the static IP. 

I've also added a credit of £5 onto your next bill to cover the duplicate charge we'll automatically add. 

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
turnma
Dabbler

That's done the trick, thanks! 😁

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Excellent! Thumbs_Up Let us know if there’s anything else you’d need help with. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet