cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Static IP address seems to be blocked and PlusNet Helpdesk are unable to help!

FIXED
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: New Static IP address seems to be blocked and PlusNet Helpdesk are unable to help!

Thanks, so the problems either the router port forward or the web server not listening....

@piphind In the port forward rule try changing  the device name to it's IP address.

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Re: New Static IP address seems to be blocked and PlusNet Helpdesk are unable to help!

piphind
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

-----------------

On the account page temporarily untick the ‘enable auto block’ as you may be blocking everybody.

On the same page are there any entries in the allow/block list ?

----------------

Turning off the "enable auto block" has no effect

Nothing in the Allow/block lists

piphind
Dabbler

-----------------

In the port forward rule try changing  the device name to it's IP address.

-----------------

Done. No impact!

NAS IP.jpg

Champnet
Aspiring Hero

I don’t know the router, do have have to re-boot it after making changes ?

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

You should not need to reboot the Hub One for the changes to take.

piphind
Dabbler

Fix

A  big thanks to everyone who made suggestions.

It would appear that there was something not quite right with either my network wiring or the Synology set-up.

I ended up moving some of the connections to try and eliminate part of the network (e.g. I run a Mesh for my WIFI rather than use the Router WiFi). I also reviewed all of the Synology settings and turned a few thing off then on again).

The result .......

It's now working fine !!!!!!  

Champnet
Aspiring Hero

On the account page re-enable the ‘enable auto block’ .
Project for the future : look at changing port 80 to port 443 for stronger security.  It’s not easy but there’s a lot of help on the Synology forums.