Did you mean: 

freenetname domain and no emails suddenly

FIXED
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: freenetname domain and no emails suddenly

Thanks for getting back to me @beeflin 

We’re providing your Madasafish and Freenetname email addresses but they wouldn’t be Plusnet accounts as it’s technically not possible to transfer them across to one. Technically as in the way the system’s designed.

If you’ve never had a Plusnet account either broadband or an email address ending in plus.com that rules out one of my earlier suspicions for a potential cause. 

When you couldn’t send mail, were your devices all on WiFi? Assuming your Mac’s on WiFi? Did you try your Android on mobile data?

What about your other addresses? They working too?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
beeflin
Dabbler

I tried feetproductions@madasafish.com on mobile network and home Wi-Fi when it wasn't working. My wife tried her accounts emilypreece@freenetname.co.uk and buddhawheel@freenetname.co.uk only on home Wi-Fi. All failed with unchanged settings and all are now working with unchanged settings.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Definitely odd. My thinking here was that the IP address may have a poor reputation (which may still be the case) though a bit of coincidence if you couldn't send mail via your mobile data or while on WiFi (as they'd be on different IPs).

Looking at the IP address you've last logged into the forums (Not sure if this is the connection you usually send mail from) but it's on Spamhaus PBL blacklist. To find out your IP, click Here then type it Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
beeflin
Dabbler

My internet provider is TalkTalk and I use the Adguard ad blocker on my Mac and phone. My wife doesn't use an ad blocker or anything else that might mess with her IP address.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Spamhaus is at the ISP's end, which can be influenced by browsing habits.

I've asked a colleague in NetOps if this listing of the IP address can stop you from sending mail.

I'll let you know once I've got a response back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Everything Else to Email.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@beeflin 

Really sorry for the delay. I hadn't received a response back from a colleague in NetOps so I've formally raised a task to the team. I'll provide an update as soon as I know more within the next 3 working days. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@beeflin 

I've received a response back from NetOps say the listings in Spamhaus are basically relevant to the ISP providing the service so in this case TalkTalk and it wouldn't affect your Plusnet emails. Basically this was a red herring.

If you can't send mail again, can you grab a screenshot and PM it across to me? I'll then pass it onto NetOps to look at.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
beeflin
Dabbler

Will do!