Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail Server Error Failed to send FETCH Command

FIXED
andywat
Dabbler

Re: Webmail Server Error Failed to send FETCH Command

Using another client does work. It's webmail that's broken, not the actual email itself. Using email on my phone works, where I conntect via IMAP. As was suggested, I connected my email address to a 3rd party client today (Windows Mail), and it works there.

The problem is with webmail. Which is awful. SO connect via a different mail tool. See this link - the first post worked for me.

Mgnl1983
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thank you very much for your reply,  I will follow your advice.  Hopefully I can get this rectified.  I don't seem to be getting much assistance from PN.

Mgnl1983
Rising Star

Fix

It's seems to be sorted now,  thank you to whoever helped to fix the problem. 

Mgnl1983
Rising Star

The problem is back again !   Server Error Cannot send Fetch Command....

Going to have to look at changing providers me thinks !

threndydd
Hooked

Hi, sorry for my ignorance but is plusnet responsible for webmail.plus.net?

I have been asked to check by CS as it was not working when I reported that I was unable to install email on a W10 laptop using windows mail.

I am still getting email on my W7 PC using windows live mail and on a samsung tablet.(pop3 on both)

I cannot install on 2 samsung phones- pop3/imap access isn't turned on.

Trying webmail I get either "timed out"; "failed to send fetch command" or old emails from before Jan.20.

I've tried imap settings to no avail on all above, but unwilling to change to imap on PC in case I loose all emails.

How can windows mail work if webmail is faulty?

The lack of real help from CS makes me think they are hiding something , surely they can't pretend they haven't read my questions?

Mgnl1983
Rising Star

Hello threndydd,  I think that webmail is owned / powered by Roundcube.   PN have told me to use that platform to delete my emails rather than standard windows mail, but it is a pain in the rear.  I am still getting the same message "Failed to send fetch command", even though I reported it to PN.   I did find a video on Youtube by typing in "Server Error Failed to send fetch command" and that pointed the problem at a File called Dovecot, but to be honest it was over my head, Maybe it would mean something to the PN IT guys???  

The windows mail just mirrors Webmail, so as you say if you're having problems with Webmail then that will reflect in windows mail.   

I am looking to see if I can find another provider who you can at least get some assistance from when problems arise. I've been with PN for between 15 to 20 Years and they were very good to start with, sadly in recent years the ability to get help seems to have vanished.

I wish I could help you with your problem, but I'm struggling too !   

Mgnl1983
Rising Star

Hello again,  I just found this link in PN Community, and have followed the same advise, the error message disappeared immediately.  Whether it will stay like this is anybody's guess.  I have attached an image for you as well.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Standard-Webmail-Round-Cube-slow-performance-mitigation/m-p/1661...

Image2.jpg

threndydd
Hooked

Hi  Mgnl1983,

Thank you for your help.

I like you have been looking at other messages on the forum and found that solution. It hasn't worked for others and for me it just updated emails from Jan.20 to Apr 20!

I can't get my head round this aspect of PN being able to fend off problems. I think what you are saying is that they blame other software providers for these problems. I had no idea that this is how things work. So unless it's a direct internet supply issue

they have no responsibility?

Doesn't seem that way when you look at the webpages and all the guff that goes with it.

My original issue was the inability to install email on a W10 laptop and if webmail  is related then I can't see where to go.

How do I get the gurus on here to help, would you know?

Just got another message from CS telling me to use your solution, better than their last one telling me how to log in!

Mgnl1983
Rising Star

There is a Guy on here called Gandalf.  I believe he is a member of PN Team.  He is very good and has helped me out on a few occasions.  If you look at the bottom of the Community page you will see lots of circles with photos in them.  Once you see his name / avatar, click on it, and you can then send him a Private Message.   Maybe he can assist 🐵 

threndydd
Hooked

Hi, thank you for the contact. I'ii give him a try.

edthebowler
Dabbler

Hi Mgni1983,

Thanks for that advice. I've been suffering in silence with this problem for far too long and have only just got round to researching it. So simple, and it seems to have done the trick. Much appreciated!

rogerj

Hi Guys

Last night I found a solution - if you can call it that!

I had to log on to webmail after midnight and everything worked as it should. Great I thought, it's been fixed. But this morning all the problems are back again.

So use webmail between 1 and 6 am!!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Mgnl1983 wrote:

Hello Idonno,  Our Domain name is owned by PN.  If I move ISP's, I take it I would lose that Domain Name.  Do you know if that is correct?

If you are referring to something other than @youraccount.plus.com then the above is not correct.  You can migrate the domain to anywhere you wish ... or indeed just "point" the domain towards some other hosting service.  See Manage My Domains in the user portal.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@rogerj wrote:

Hi Guys

Last night I found a solution - if you can call it that!

I had to log on to webmail after midnight and everything worked as it should. Great I thought, it's been fixed. But this morning all the problems are back again.

So use webmail between 1 and 6 am!!

I can confirm it works 'out of hours'. During the working day it seems never to work these days.

pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@Mgnl1983 wrote:

Hello again,  I just found this link in PN Community, and have followed the same advise, the error message disappeared immediately.  Whether it will stay like this is anybody's guess.  I have attached an image for you as well.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Standard-Webmail-Round-Cube-slow-performance-mitigation/m-p/1661...

Image2.jpg

Just tried this and it immediately worked! Must try this in future if there are any more problems.