Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving all emails

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Not receiving all emails

Thanks for getting back to me, I am sorry for the continued issues and to be honest, I am unsure why this is happening.

We will therefore get this raised to our Net Ops team for you for further investigation. Can you please just pop us a PM over (click on my name and then to the right, there will be a grey button to 'send private message') with your mailbox this relates to.

When private messaging, please include a link to this thread.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Mardler
Rising Star

Done.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for the details Richard, I have now raised this to our Net OPs Team to look at further and will get back to you once I have a further response though please note we likely won't hear back until after the weekend.

I am sorry for the continued inconvenience in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Mardler
Rising Star

Thanks, Lauren, I have received confirmation of the ticket.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem, let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mardler
Rising Star

I have heard nothing from PN.

What is going on?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Mardler and apologies for the delayed response.

I can see we've received a response on the NetOps task to say we'd need more information to investigate this from our side. 

Can you PM me the following details of an example email Facebook would send you that was never received?

Date and time:

Subject line:

The from address:

The to address:

If you don't know the exact time they'll be sending you the email, I'd recommend providing a rough approximation.

We'll use this information to look at our logs - the above detail would need to be within the last 7 days too. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mardler
Rising Star

That's not easy.

If I am not getting emails I can't be specific but they're from Facebook. I have changed my primary email address for FB and its working well so I am loathe to change back until I know the problem is sorted.

There is one possibility; I will be back.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Wouldn’t you be able to provide us with a rough time you were expecting an email from Facebook on a particular day? With regards to the other information, you should be able to find this out from the emails you do receive from Facebook to your other email address. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Mardler
Rising Star

Yes, that was what I was alluding to.

I will provide details of an email that my wife received (to a non PN address inbox) as a group admin but I did not. It's >7 days old though.

I can also give details of the very latest item in my other email inbox.

Will do this shortly.

Mardler
Rising Star

PM sent to Gandalf.

Details of latest email not sent as the sender is no longer using my PN address.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for the PM @Mardler, I have passed on the example given to the team for you but as a heads up, to successfully investigate they will likely still need an example from the last 7 days.

I can understand needing to be able to see the email notifications but for the purpose of testing, are you able to amend the primary email address back to your Plusnet one and use the other one that works as a secondary again (or even add your Plusnet one as a secondary email) just so we can get an example of a newer email that should have been sent but not received?

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Mardler
Rising Star

As I said above, having switched the primary FB address to my other email address I can't provide anything for the last 7 days.

I can switch back but before doing so I need to test a simple but foolproof method of testing notifications.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me.

If you are happy just using the other email address if that works fine, then can continue to do so.

Just to continue to investigate we will need the examples from within 7 days; do you get emails for all notifications or only certain ones? If so, if you check the Facebook notification bar this should provide us information of what you should also receive by email. Or would be there a way for another member or admin to create a notification for you, such as posting in the group etc?

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Mardler
Rising Star

Oddly enough, the alternative isn't too bad.

Facebook is the obvious case: I get nothing at all via PN. Other emails seem to be OK.

As for testing, that's exactly what I was going to do; luckily my wife is an admin on my own group so it should be easy to do without members knowing because of my pre approval settings. Probably tomorrow.