cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

hevans
Grafter

Continuing email problems.

Sorry if this is a duplication of other posts but as of 08:49 hrs I am still unable to send emails via client.  The status report says that email works from clients but I get this on all attempts so have given up after a few tries to stop hammering their servers or whatever:

( Sending of the message failed.
The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) relay.plus.net was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again.)

I have received a couple of emails but can't be sure if there are any not being delivered.

Webmail does not work full stop, it opens an empty mailbox which is worrying.

Is anyone else in the same boat or are people now receiving and sending emails ?

Regards.

Huw.

Saturn
Grafter

Re: No Email Access

Just tried sending an email to a btinternet.com account and it failed.  Begs the question as to whether this is a broader BT problem.

insussex
Grafter

Re: Email down since yesterday evening

This is shocking if true.

Are they really going to stop supporting email?

Admin can you get an official reply please?

chowbelanna

Re: John Lewis Broadband, run by PlusNet, also down

I am a Madasafish customer and have been with Plusnet since they took over Madasafish in 2007. For several years I happily paid extra for the family's Madasafish emails.
Last night it all started working again and I went to bed happy. This morning... back to square 1. Webmail nor working, Thunderbird cannot connect. To say I am disappointed would be an understatement.

greenfinch1
Hooked

Re: Continuing email problems.

Having identical problems, sorry to say.  Occasionally, a dribble of emails come through. 

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: No Email Access

Also tried sending an email today to a Yahoo address using port 25 out (as normal T/Bird setting) - instant failure to connect to SMTP server, so tried port 587 - just hangs in "sending message"

jwg99

Re: Continuing email problems.

Yes this is still problematic. I am receiving emails but cannot send  - over two days now - so unlike Plusnet!

knowdice
Rising Star

Re: Missing emails since the November unable to 'login issue' resolve

I guess we will never fully know what business went missing over the last 24/48 hours 🙄

But I do expect Plusnet to fully report:

• What went wrong in the first place?
  • Why it took so long to get a fix in place?
  • What lessons they have learnt from this?
  • And finally what procedures are they going to put in place to stop this kind of negative event happening in the future?

It would be good to also get a definitive statement over Plusnet's continuing policy to supply or not supply an email service?

stuck
Rising Star

Re: Attention Plusnet - Major E-mail Issues

A couple of hours after my previous message, i.e. early Thursday evening, I was able to log in to webmail and it looked OK but in my desktop client (Outlook) I could no longer send emails.

This morning, I am getting emails in a timely manner but I can't send anything from Outlook.  I can log into webmail but it is so slow I've not been able to do anything other than see the list of messages in my Inbox.

stuck

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Re: Further to yesterdays email problem -this post is aimed at Plusnets techies please

Thankyou @Gandalf . I was trying to avoid resetting my passwords. With both Mailwasher and Thunderbird involved, I seem to remember (my unreliable memory) that the last time I tried that, it was a bit of a disaster, which took some sorting out. However, as it turns out, Thunderbird has a way of letting me see my passwords for each email account, so I used that data. As it turned out, I had messed up one password, so I corrected that. It didn't solve the problem where I couldn't send emails, but by the time I got to that point I had discovered it wasn't just me that couldn't send.

However, this morning everything seems to be working so I doff my hat to whoever fixed the email system

Many thanks

duncanscott

Re: Email down since yesterday evening

Yes - 1 and 2 the same with me, but not 3 - I can get email on my mobile device:

1) It's true I am receiving some emails (arriving several hours late).

2) But I cannot send any emails. They are all  blocked with the message: "Sending reported error (0x800CCC0F). The connection to the server was interrupted."

3) My email is not syncing with mobile devices.

The latest update suggests both receive and send are possible (with a delay).

As soon as this is resolved I need to move my domain and email hosting from PL!

elkieluca
Grafter

Hallelujah I can send emails!!!

At last it works. 

Redbarnfarm

Re: Email Problem

I appreciate mail systems go down and i know how they work (I ran a programme of work 20 years ago that changed the way email is handshaked through providers) but I am perplexed as to why my ipad can receive, but my PC can't, despite the settings being the same.

If I were to hazzard a guess, I'd say that there was an attack on their systems so they need to acquire new hardware, do a virgin install, and re-route the genuine traffic to a new network location that doesn't follow the same pathways... it all takes time.. if they rush it, they could mess up other systems.

It would be good, though, if they could keep us properly updated, instead of in the dark... at least  then we could all decide our own short term work around until this is properly fixed.

Prof1

Re: Hallelujah I can send emails!!!

But for how long? It's been spurious for the past few days and I'm being generous here. There was a rumour earlier that PN are going to discontinue their email service. Prior to this I had massive problems with emails as I appear to have gone beyond the 1GB limit. Their technical advisor let me know that, and I may not have got this entirely right, PN are using old servers that are not their own and they have no plans to change or improve them.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Hallelujah I can send emails!!!

@Prof1 I would be very wary of taking what first-line support tell me as gospel.

John