Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

Uncle_Tupelo
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: No Email Access

@Rik13 wrote:

@BCN 

I think you're better using something like even hotmail or Yahoo than the +net one for a main email address . 

Not if you want to use your own email domain and don't want to pay twice for email.

colkaih

Re: Email down since yesterday evening

I'm getting nothing, either time out, or login failed. User/pwd not recognised, failure at server.

It boggles the mind that an ISP in this day and age fails so spectacularly at sorting an issue like this out, offering nothing more than a clear "cut and paste" message. Very poor show.

Hazel74
Rising Star

Re: No email this morning 10 November

Yeah same here.

Mardler
Rising Star

Some emails are being received but still unable to send.

This is not good enough. Sort it, PN.

Hazel74
Rising Star

It would be really good if we could have another update, its been 8 hours.  Some sort of timescale would be handy.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Where Are My Emails?

In the delivery queue!

As per the above, the mail systems are catching up ... repeated attempts to download email can only make things worse.  A substantial number of users stepping back for an hour or two could deliver significant benefits.  Looking at the emails I have received today, I can see delays of 30 minutes to 6 hours between emails being sent and received into my mailboxes.  Downloading them could take further time.

The email which took 6 hours will have been sent to 1,000s of users through Plusnet's email servers, so the significant lag is not surprizing.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

disfroot
Rising Star

+1 @16h45

Clipboard01.png

451 Internal Queuing Error

Clipboard02.png

Mgnl1983
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Yes an update would be nice or a fix would be even better. Call me Mr Picky, but I pay good money for this so called service.

pwberry
Dabbler

Plusnet service status is suggesting that all's OK now,  just a bit of delay. 

I bet to differ  -  on any attempt to send: "The server may be unavailable or is refusing SMTP connections"   Has been like that since this morning. 

Emails are coming in,  in a fairly random fashion,  but it's still broken.

Hazel74
Rising Star

I can see one now, but its really just the same as we were told before.  Lets hope it is the case it is fixed overnight this time.

Meerkat41
Hooked

Re: Latest Email Problems

You're not on your own Tykebike. I've not been able to access or receive any emails for two days now. I think I read an earlier post somewhere  on this community forum that Plusnet were experiencing problems but expected to have it sorted as of last night. Apparently no such luck!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: continuing help with emails

Thanks for your post @outinthesticks

I'm really sorry for the issues while you're trying to work.

I can see my colleague Tony has since got back to you on Twitter a few hours ago and things are better now?

We're still working on getting to the bottom of the problem with your emails and we're updating our service status Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

I'm not surprised there's an internal queuing error. The world and their wives will be trying this and when it doesn't appear to work will try repeatedly thus exacerbating the situation and filling the queue. If people just leave it, it will flush eventually and the more people that do this the quicker it will get back to normal.

shapter
Hooked

Still missing all emails from Wednesday, I hope they are not lost.

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Further to yesterdays email problem -this post is aimed at Plusnets techies please

Before I found out there was a problem yesterday with the email system (at Plusnet?), the warning messages my pc showed suggested to me that there might be a problem with my email passwords so I tried redoing them. I use Thunderbird, and for safety I also use Mailwasher (a fairly old version, but it works well). I tried resetting the passwords in Mailwasher, but am not sure I have used the correct ones. I haven't touched Thunderbird. Now that Plusnet seems to have recovered the email problem, I can receive emails but I cannot send them - its the relay.plus.net one that the failure message warns about.

The process in Thunderbird for reading my passwords doesn't work - its like the instructions are for an old version and the new does it differently.

Is it possible for Plusnet to send me reminders of what my email passwords are (I only need the last two or three characters of each password - that should be sufficient reminder)? I only have three email accounts.