Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

rd1956
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: No Email Access

Looks like a number of emails are being returned to sender as undeliverable.

Sent a work email to my plusnet email yesterday for xmas festivities and looking at my work email this morning it failed to be delivered and has been returned.

SagaPlus
Dabbler

If they end the email service it would make it easier for me to change broadband supplier.

harrym1byt
Rising Star

Re: email service - missing emails

Same here. I cannot ping the send server IP, it logs in to the receive server downloaded just one email, but many more were expected yesterday. 

kenm
Grafter

11Nov 8.55 Still getting red box   LOGIN FAILED.

Basic & Webmail

Uncle_Tupelo
Rising Star

@rd1956 wrote:

Sent a work email to my plusnet email yesterday for xmas festivities and looking at my work email this morning it failed to be delivered and has been returned.

Just fantastic. How many senders will realise this and go to the trouble of resending? Seems we've lost the best part of a day's emails. Of course, this is compounded by the deliberate decision to delay the fix until overnight to "avoid further disruption". Instead, they appear to have chosen to lose more of our emails. Thanks Plusnet. 

Anneyc
Dabbler

Emails from yesterday are filtering through in dribs and drabs, mixed with emails from today. Emails I know to have been sent have not yet been received.

Lunar_Jetman
Dabbler

@Uncle_Tupelo wrote:

@Lunar_Jetman wrote:

free service or not

I don't consider it a free service; it is only available if we pay a monthly fee. Im my view, that fee is for broadband, phone AND email.

i think you and I take different services from Plusnet. I had just email services from Madasafish when Plusnet took them over and used to pay an annual fee. Plusnet then switched this to a free service so no more charges. I’d have happily carried on paying so my point was related to that.

Lunar_Jetman
Dabbler

@Uncle_Tupelo wrote:

@rd1956 wrote:

Just fantastic. How many senders will realise this and go to the trouble of resending? Seems we've lost the best part of a day's emails. Of course, this is compounded by the deliberate decision to delay the fix until overnight to "avoid further disruption". Instead, they appear to have chosen to lose more of our emails. Thanks Plusnet. 

Whilst this may be the case, it’s also likely the “missing” emails are stuck on a relay server somewhere and once the issue is resolved the backlog will slowly clear. I’d hold off panicking just yet.

Hazel74
Rising Star

Re: No email this morning 10 November

Thanks for that, can now see the Service message.  It speaks of delays;  I am not experiencing a delay, I still can't send at all, although appear to be receiving.

Uncle_Tupelo
Rising Star

Whilst this may be the case, it’s also likely the “missing” emails are stuck on a relay server somewhere and once the issue is resolved the backlog will slowly clear. I’d hold off panicking just yet.

I hope so. I'm a little concerned that in addition to be missing 80% of yesterday's emails, I've only received one single email today when I'd normally have received many by now.

elkieluca
Grafter

Re: Where Are My Emails?

I’ve got my emails through but I can’t send any!  

martinund
Grafter

Re: No email this morning 10 November

Using Thunderbird client on Windows 10:

- POP receipt of mail is intermittent: the first time I tried it this morning I received all the queued-up emails immediately, but subsequent attempts have sometimes timed out

- SMTP sending is timing out 100% of the time

- new emails (eg sent from a Gmail account) are not arriving in the mailbox (and therefore are not being downloaded by POP): presumably they will arrive eventually but there is a long backlog

- Webmail is almost unusable: it times out either after filling in the login details or else while populating the display of the inbox.

But it's early days and Plusnet are aware of the delays. There's been some progress but they are not quite there yet 😉

mhi1
Grafter

Thank you @adam945 for the update. I can connect again to my mailboxes using IMAP, and I can read older and newer messages. All of that is an improvement since yesterday.

Unfortunately, plenty of messages sent to me yesterday are missing. The ones I can check are from mailing lists where I can access the same messages independently, and in particular some where I'm a list moderator and can see the details of any failed deliveries. I have worked through the detailed records for one such mailing list.

Messages from that list arrived until 03:29 (all times are yesterday, 10 November). From 03:36 until 01:11, twelve (12) messages were sent but none have arrived. So far, there's just one message from this list later than that, at 02:15, and that's arrived. I didn't lose all messages between those times: into that same PlusNet mailbox, six messages did arrive from other sources, 4 from similar mailing lists and 2 addressed individually. The mailing list software has not recorded any bounces for the 12 messages I've checked.

Of course, I hope that over the next few hours, all my messages will appear: that they are just queued somewhere and will work they way into my mailbox when the various servers holding them get round to trying again. If they don't though, I think I shall have good grounds for complaint.

Alas, the random disconnections * BYE Courier-IMAP server shut down by signal have not gone away, although I've only noticed one so far this morning.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: email FORWARDING not working

@MatthewWheeler wrote:
Customers should now be able to log in their Plusnet email, however they may experience a delay when sending and receiving emails.

email forwarding is now working for me with only a 46 second round trip delay from  external_domain_1  via  Plusnet email_address_forward  to  external_domain_2.

However the emails I sent yesterday to test this have never appeared, so I'm assuming that I've lost all email messages that might have been sent to me using Plusnet email addresses ?.

insussex
Grafter

Re: Email down since yesterday evening

Good morning, thanks for getting the email running again, however webmail still does not work.

I have managed to download my mail however there is nothing at all for Wednesday which is unexpected and highly unusual.

Is there any chance my Wednesday mail has been lost?

Admins can you check please as this is of great concern.

Thanks

Mike