Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

DaveCW
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Unable to access my email via Outlook Sever constantly rejecting my credentials

I am currently unable to access my email via Outlook Sever constantly rejecting my credentials. Is this a known issue and when will it be fixed? It is quite frankly a pain in the rear end as I cant even get in to Webmail!

dalegilbert
Dabbler

Re: No Email Access

Restored?  Still getting the same problem.  Perhaps in the morning.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Unable to access my email via Outlook Sever constantly rejecting my credentials

@DaveCW 

Yes it’s a known problem, see https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Information/Plusnet-email-login/m-p/1837927#M354

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Flabula
Grafter

I've had my Globalnet email for very many years and it's been through many owners with Plusnet just being the most recent. It was just coincidence that I ended up with a Plusnet broadband account and then they ended up owning my Globalnet email. I really don't want to lose this email as it's been with me so long I still sometimes get messages on it from long lost contacts and stuff like newsgroups that I can't even remember how to access! 😃

Going to be really annoyed with Plusnet if they shut it down ☹️

DaveC999
Hooked

Same here... been with Force9/Plusnet for over 20 years and having my Email domain is the only thing keeping me with Plusnet.

FAILSAFE01
Rising Star

Re: Email down since yesterday evening

Plusnet webmail isn't just slow , it just doesn't work at all and is unfit to be categorised as an email service.

I've just spent my 2nd day delinking all my 50+ accounts from plusnet webmail  (ie. banks, shops , forums , and many other websites).  I've now relinked them to my gmail account.

The other wonderful thing about gmail is I can create an unlimited number of different gmail usernames (each one unique for logging into different websites which normally use the email address as the user id).  This increases the security aspect and limits others trying to hack into sites using the single plusnet email address.

Example:  if your email address was   123@gmail.com , you can register on a website as  1.2.3@gmail.com or 

123+world@gmail.com or an infinite number of variations.

Gmail ignores dots and any characters after the +symbol in usernames.  Therefore when the website account sends an email  to 1.2.3@gmail.com  or 123+world@gmail.com it will still reach you at 123@gmail.com   

Fantastico!

Can't wait to speak to the complaints manager tomorrow because I am going to give him a very tough time.

KevH
Rising Star

email service - missing emails

As of 5am the email service appears to be working in as much as I am not getting errors when connecting via webmail or via my mobile devices, but I only have 3 emails from the period when the service was down. I hope this is just because work is still underway to restore the service. If a day’s emails have been lost it will be a real problem for me and l suspect many others as well.

KevH
Rising Star

Re: email service - missing emails

Further checks show things not right yet. Can’t send emails and new inbound emails not being processed.

mikep
Dabbler

I have received a few emails that have been automatically caught by my servers fetchmail-daemon but still can't login and i know for a fact that i have lots of missing email.

Saturn
Grafter

Same for me, a trickle with known emails outstanding and erratic access to email server.

SagaPlus
Dabbler

I have been with them for 20 years Force9 etc too. This is (was) my email address.

molly8
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: Attention Plusnet - Major E-mail Issues

I can now log in to my madasafish account but there is absolutely nothing to see - inbox and all other files are totally empty.  What has happened to them? Will they be restored later today?  After waiting so long to access my emails I had hoped for better than this.  Plusnet Help Team, please reassure me that his is going to be rectified today.

SplittingDis
Hooked

I can send emails, and some (but not all) recently sent incoming emails are arriving. However, I've only had about 5% of the backlog emails I was expecting yesterday.

From the Service Status page 16 hours ago (last entry).

"we expect affected customers to be able to access their Plusnet email account by tomorrow morning"

Well, I can access my account, but it's clearly not operating as expected.

The Service Status page is suggesting an update will be provided at 0800.

SagaPlus
Dabbler

I think that the emails I have received from yesterday were a bit light , I would have expected more.

I cannot send emails out , its odd it just sits there sending and there is no timeout.

I have sent an email to me from my Gmail account and its not yet come through.

I did get a login to server message failed when I quit Thunderbird once.

Normal service is resumed !

MartynJF
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Still only semi functional. This email [-Censored-] up has been brewing for some weeks as for periods of a few hours I could log in or send. Strangely, the functionality remained on my tablets but this time they are non-functional and the clients on my PC have semi-functionality.

Depressing as one feels so helpless. Especially as I upgraded to a fibre service last week and am awaiting the gear. I have a bad feeling that getting that to work won't be easy either.