Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: No email this morning 10 November

@Hazel74 If you are referring to my screenshot, yes, it is message #2 on the original topic.

John
shf58

Re: No Email Access

Same here...no mail since yesterday via outlook or webnmail. Same with friend. What is going on?

jab1
Legend

iceferret

Just read a piece in the Express, Plusnets spokesperson has said that they expect a fix in the morning.

jab1
Legend

@iceferret see the link I posted above - issued around 1500, I believe.

John
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

@BCN wrote:

when I spoke to a service rep earlier today they said Plusnet will be looking to discontinue email altogether in the next couple of years.  It's the main reason I've stuck with Plusnet over many years and I will probably leave when it's withdrawn.

Agreed.

This has been floated numerous times over the years with PN generally claiming that email is a free unsupported service. I’ve been with PN (Force9) since 1998 hosting my domain here and generally it’s been a great service although the technical  and customer support has gone from great to nil but I would leave in a heartbeat without email. There are plenty of full-fat alternatives.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
iceferret

Ah yes, senior moment I'm afraid

RoryG
Grafter

Unacceptable Service - Email Outage

"We're really sorry that some of our customers are still experiencing issues when trying to login into their email accounts.
We've identified what the problem is and are now completing work to fix this as quickly as possible. Some of this work will need to be completed overnight, to avoid any additional disruption, and we expect affected customers to be able to access their Plusnet email account by tomorrow morning."

This is completely unacceptable, I can accept a short outage but 24 hours without email is affecting my business. I am a business customer and pay for this critical service. Not good Plus Net, your email system is antiquated anyway, but this is another nail in the coffin for my custom.

dorsetsteve
Hooked

Re: Using Thunderbird and Cant SEND mail

Something odd IS happening...

I am having similar problems.  I've used Thunderbird and Plusnet for several years, but Outgoing mail is not working. I haven't changed any settings.  Thunderbirds shows the attached message when trying to send.

Help! 🙂

jab1
Legend

Could be related to this: https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Information/Plusnet-email-login/m-p/1837590#M353, although I have been able to send (but not receive).

John
dorsetsteve
Hooked

@Townman 

Thanks for the Telnet info.  I have activated Telnet, but when I enter...

telnet relay.plus.net 587

... the cmd screen goes black for a moment, then back to the usual C:\Users\Name> prompt.

dorsetsteve
Hooked

@jab1  Thanks... I hope so, and I hope they fix it soon 'cos I don't know what to do if not!

Hazel74
Rising Star

Thanks for that - yes I did eventually see the message when I went back, so there must have been some sort of delay.

And yes I got the .jpg open with the settings so will check mine off, although I can see already they are different although I might have port 25 I think.

Lets hope everyone's email is back up and running tomorow and thanks to all that posted today 😃

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

There is a data centre issue which should be fixed this evening. That might impact your immediate issues, but not that reported on 4th Nov.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BCN
Dabbler

Service is restored but I have 23 hours of emails missing.  I'm hoping they will appear...