cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

rajmarshall

Re: No email this morning 10 November

That png looks blank to me?

(I see there's an update on the service info post)

Robert

LoneBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Email down since yesterday evening

Surely there is a back up system. I though Plusnet is now part of BT is there no work around using some of their servers?

Hazel74
Rising Star

That's odd, I can't see any update at all, only the original message from this morning.

What does the update say then?

I shall see if I can see the blank png too.

Uncle_Tupelo
Rising Star

Re: No Email Access

@BCN wrote:

This is appalling - tomorrow morning?!

Also when I spoke to a service rep earlier today they said Plusnet will be looking to discontinue email altogether in the next couple of years.  For those of us with email addresses that are important to us for whatever reasons this will be a disaster.  It's the main reason I've stuck with Plusnet over many years and I will probably leave when it's withdrawn.

I've been with Plusnet for almost 15 years. One of the main reasons I've stayed so long was the ease of keeping my domain registered with them (the free domain they gave me in 2007 as compensation for an email issue!). Laziness on my part, I suppose. I suspect it's time to look for another solution for when my current contract expires.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@BCN Equipment/infrastructure issues take time to repair properly.

This is the second time I've heard someone quote a first-line service agent  mention PN discontinuing email - think I may need to ask questions elsewhere, as I doubt first-line agents would be that clued up on future policy.

John
Smeaghoul
Dabbler

"Sending of password for user grungebunny did not succeed. Mail server mail.plus.net responded: Temporary problem, please try again later"

Been getting this all day, my guess is that plusnet has either been installing new (untested) software on the login servers or they've swapped over to TalkTalk, and are at present too embarrased to admit what's going on.

Thank god I'm out of contract and can leave at a moments notice 😞

jab1
Legend

Just for you, @Hazel74 :

Screenshot from 2021-11-10 16-40-19.png

John
Hazel74
Rising Star

Yep the png is blank, but never mind!

Uncle_Tupelo
Rising Star

@jab1 wrote:

@BCN Equipment/infrastructure issues take time to repair properly.

This is the second time I've heard someone quote a first-line service agent  mention PN discontinuing email - think I may need to ask questions elsewhere, as I doubt first-line agents would be that clued up on future policy.

It would be good to ask. Either way, it's not good; it's true, or first line agents (often the only contact customers have) are misinformed at best and making stuff up at worst.

davev1
Hooked

Sorry about the PNG. This one should be a bit better,

briston
Aspiring Pro

@Smeaghoul sorry but just guessing about what is happening then also putting in that untested side comment has no basis at all. Or do you know, that's know, different.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Attention Plusnet - Major E-mail Issues

Thank you all for reaching out.

Some customers are unable to access their Plusnet email at the moment. We’ve identified what’s causing this, and we’re working to fix this as quickly as possible. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused. Some of this work will be completed overnight, to avoid any additional disruption, and we expect affected customers to be able to access their Plusnet email account by tomorrow morning.

Plusnet broadband and mobile services are not affected.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
breslaw
Rising Star

@Uncle_Tupelo wrote: I suspect it's time to look for another solution for when my current contract expires.

Could we start a conversation here about alternative email providers. I'd like to avoid Google, Microsoft and Yahoo. An additional nice-to-have would be a single provider of landline, broadband and email services. I'd like to have a destination in mind for when Plusnet decide that they no longer need my custom.

jab1
Legend

I would suggest you start a new topic on the subject, then the discussion won't get lost in other replies to the actual topic here.

John
Hazel74
Rising Star

Thank you so much for that 😄  Very odd that I cannot see it - is it just underneath the original message from this morning?