cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

Steve76
Dabbler

Re: No Email Access

Hope nobody was waiting for anything important via email. Now having to wait until tomorrow morning and hope everything is fixed.

briston
Aspiring Pro

Re: Email down since yesterday evening

I certainly am one who complain when things go wrong. This outage is a problem yes, the idea of service updates are farcical. However, I can't understand the complaints that, usually, the email service doesn't work etc.
I have my own domain name. In the family we gather appropriate emails on mobile phones, both Android and Apple using email clients. I use Gmail. Plus we gather email on our desktop using outlook. It's efficient and works.
Webmail of slow I agree. But webmail of not a good way of dealing with mail.
So this outage is bad I agree. But it seems it has generated some, can I say, 'exagerated' claims.
Why does my email, via appropriate clients, work and others not? It are all the complaints about webmail?
Hazel74
Rising Star

Re: No email this morning 10 November

Thanking you very miuch for that, I shall have a look at mine.  Although I am loathe to change anything as it was all working perfectly well last night.  Still good to compare though 😊

wraithwind

Yup, my problem very similar to yours. KMail kept throwing up "error could not login" fault since around 10pm Nov 9th. Tried using T-bird, same results. Had similar problems with plusnet mail on & off before, but only for a short time, so it doesn't seem very stable to me. I have other emails (zoho & gmx), so not using it for anything important, & may dump altogether.

KevH
Rising Star

I wonder if inbound emails have been accepted and are in a queue or if the sending side will have given up trying to send emails only for them to be rejected by PN's servers (not sure how the protocols work....)

FF101
Dabbler

I set up forwarding for one of my plusnet emails and sent some test messages to the plusnet address from a non-plusnet a/c and nothing has been forwarded.
Hazel74
Rising Star

I think this is the 3rd time this year my email has gone to pot, for varying reasons.  The only reason I retain it is because the actual email address contains the name of the place I live therefore its relatively easy for folks to remember and its identifyable.  But yeah its not great, no one knowing that you are not receiving their mail and therefore you cannot reply.  Thankfully I do have back-ups.

Still no update from this morning - not good.

TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

No E-mail here also

briston
Aspiring Pro

Although there is nothing in the service status Plusnet seems to have commented to a newspaper. Here they say they know what the problem is and it will be fixed overnight to avoid further disruption.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@TTman See service status - should be sorted by tomorrow morning.

John
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

That information has been posted on  the Service Status Topic

John
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@briston wrote:
Here they say they know what the problem is and it will be fixed overnight to avoid further disruption.

The same update is on our Service Status and was posted at 15:09 I hope that helps  

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

@jab1 thanks will check in the morning.....only posted on here hoping for an announcement for when it returned.

BCN
Dabbler

This is appalling - tomorrow morning?!

Also when I spoke to a service rep earlier today they said Plusnet will be looking to discontinue email altogether in the next couple of years.  For those of us with email addresses that are important to us for whatever reasons this will be a disaster.  It's the main reason I've stuck with Plusnet over many years and I will probably leave when it's withdrawn.

briston
Aspiring Pro

@JonoH at last. 8 hours to say you know what the problem is but no fix to avoid other disruption? What does time of day affect disruption. How can you disrupt something that is not working anyway? Unless of course other services are going to be impacted to correct the email problem.