cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

pwberry
Dabbler

Re: Attention Plusnet - Major E-mail Issues

Service status at 10 a.m. promised "next update at 12:00" .   12:40 and not a squeak. 
C'mon Plusnet,  act like this is important. 

howie13pnet
Dabbler

Re: No Email Access

Me too! Similar email problem with no recognition of login usernames and passwords this morning (Wednesday 10 November) and ongoing with a daft message ending in "mate".  Please sort out - or you'll end up being "Billy no mates".

insussex
Grafter

Email down since yesterday evening

Hi

I know the service status says there is an issue, But I have some critical emails that I can't get to.

Is there anyway around this outage?

Thanks

Mike

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Email down since yesterday evening

@insussex I doubt it - no details available (as usual), but if it is a server/data farm problem - that's it until it is resolved.

John
insussex
Grafter

Thanks John, drat it always happens when you need it most lol

Be good to get some meaningful updates I agree.

Cheers

Mike

Hazel74
Rising Star

Re: No email this morning 10 November

It would be good if we could have an afternoon update now.  There has been nothing since first thing this morning - 5 hours ago according to the message on the Service Information 🙂

Uncle_Tupelo
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The first update at least indicated when the next update would be due. The latest does not. Given that it looks like this is approaching a 12 hour outage, aren't affected customers owed a little more frequent and detailed info? 

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there's no way currently around these issues and I as of yet have no further information as to when we expect normal service to resume.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
quelquod
Pro

Wanting to see frequent updates is natural of course, but I can tell you from personal experience that when you’re trying to unscramble an IT problem, taking time out to say that you still don’t know how long you’ll be just wastes your time and doesn’t help anyone.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Exactly, @quelquod .

John
highside57PN
Hooked

Still no access to emails.  Looking at the outage sites this may not be affecting everybody but it is certainly affecting plenty of people.  Given the very short updates it appears that after 12 hours Plusnet have no idea what the problem is and therefore cannot offer any timing guidance on getting the service back up

Steve76
Dabbler

Another me too reply... No email access for me either. Had me worried for a little thinking it was just me so kinda glad to see this thread.

Just wish the updates from plusnet looked more positive, like "it will be fixed in the next x hours". Maybe it is the pessimist in me but am expecting to see "this will be fixed sometime soon..ish."

Uncle_Tupelo
Rising Star

@quelquod To be honest, I'd hope that the updates would be provided by someone other than the engineers working on the problem. At least, that's how it works in my industry.

Saturn
Grafter

Ditto from me. Not sure why it is said the problem started this morning because it was playing up just after 11:00pm last night. A little more explanation wouldn't go a miss.

bainhouse
Dabbler

Still no email access either on website or on my other devices.  Is there still a problem with the YO61 area?