Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

coxes1

Re: No email this morning 10 November

yep same here wont accept user or password

pozi
Dabbler

Re: Attention Plusnet - Major E-mail Issues

As a long time Plusnet user I remember the last time they had a major email outage it was caused by them reconfiguring a disk drive array on what they thought was the backup server and accidentally deleting the live email server. Everybody lost all their emails so I hope they have not done that again!
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Surfer wrote:

Sadly I need email proof to collect 2 items that need to be collected this morning.  Not sure why it is taking so long to repair?

Depends on the complexity of the failure - which I doubt we will be privy to.

John
molly8
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: Attention Plusnet - Major E-mail Issues

Absolutely agree with you.  I am with madasafish too (previously Jings!).

RoryG
Grafter

Same here, mine went down at 00:19 this morning. It's a poor show and another nail in the coffin for Plus Net's antiquated email system with a stupid 1GB cap for ALL mailboxes on the account. I'm trying to run a business and very likely have important emails waiting, this is not good enough.

I plan to move our company domain email to Microsoft 365, just wish I had done it sooner and could have avoided this. Plus Net don't really care about email as most folk are using online mail services nowadays, not traditional ISP provided email, so it's likely not affecting the bulk of their users.

lolly9416
Dabbler

THis is so annoying. We can't get any work done. So glad I checked on here because I was about to start messing about with the email and computer 

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: No Email Access

I'm afraid there's really not much more I can share, we're aware of a problem and it's being investigated. Sorry.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
PeterPiper
Hooked

My attitude is never to rely on one's internet provider's email service, especially for work, as internet providers come and go, or something else becomes better value.  Since the first one I had after I started my business 21 years ago went belly-up within a few months, I have barely ever used an internet provider's email service.  One has the option of getting email with a web domain, but Google's GMail, Microsoft's Outlook (formerly Hotmail/MSN), or more independent/secure services such as GMX and Proton are available!

KevH
Rising Star

Support are replying to some tweets to say "Some customers are having problems logging in their email..." Surely this problem is affecting all customers? Is anybody getting any service from the email system?

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi, @KevH  support are correct, it isn't impacting all customers. Some do still have access to email at the moment. I'll update you when I've something of substance.

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
GlobalSteve
Dabbler

@PeterPiper I completely agree with you.  Years ago I registered and own my own domain with webspace with deidicated email accounts.  I use the self owned domain email addresses on a 'auto forward rule' to three other seperate ISP mail servers.  This means if one ISP goes down I have email copies on other ISP servers.  I just cannot sleep knowning my email service is in the hands of a single provider.

davev1
Hooked

Same problem here.

Checked using a linux laptop as well as a windows one.

Other email services (gmail/outlook) performing fine on my email clients.

I can send emails using the plusnet account....So it seems to be down to plus nets authentication server. (have you checked that your certificates are up to date guys?)

GlobalSteve
Dabbler

@davev1  seem like you and me had the same results.  I can also SEND email to other external accounts and they arrive ok at the destination.   Just no incoming mail.   I have also tried alternative port numbers but nothing seem to resolve the issue from my end.  Oh and yes, certs are ok.

iceferret

Yep, this issue started for me last night around 10pm. However I've also got my own personal domain(as well as work based addresses) which I use for email via Zoho and  been making sure that my plusnet address is not used for anything important. Still a few to go though. Given the competetive market I expect to change my isp when the contract is up.

Up to now a landline has been important but by then it'll no longer be needed.

Hazel74
Rising Star

You seem to have more leeway than me, I can neither send nor receive.  Are you able to share what settings you are using?