cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get your e-mails through a e-mail client.

bushwood
Grafter

Re: How to get your e-mails through a e-mail client.

Hi, 

These are the 6 steps I have taken this time.  Attempting to insert 'mail' and 'relay' servers' - unsuccessful.

This is similar to the steps with other servers/encrypted/ports.  It would be a pleasure to have the right ones.

1.PNG be2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG5.PNG6 incoming server,select again6 incoming server,select again

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi Terry,

Thanks for coming back to us with an update and for the screenshots.

We'll leave this thread open and as soon as you respond when you're back home we'll be updated and respond accordingly.

Look forward to hearing from you when you return.

Best wishes

Dave

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @bushwood, looking at the screenshots I think the problem may be the username you're entering as this shouldn't be the full email address.

Based off of the email on your screenshots, the username should just be [your username] if this is the default mailbox on your account, or [your username]+td if this is a secondary mailbox.

I hope this helps.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bushwood
Grafter

HI Harry,

I use '[username]' as the primary account and I use it only for talking to Plusnet, like this.

We use 3 secondary accounts:

1      td@[username].plus.com

2      terry@[username].plus.com

3      dianne@[username].plus.com

They are not sending emails. 

terry@[username].plus.com because it has been removed from the list (see attachment) in my attempt to get this fixed.  It needs to be replaced.

I am attempting to fix td@[username].plus.com without much success.

dianne@[username].plus.com is on another computer.  It is not sending emails, though I assume it is receiving.  It is not with me at the moment.

I hope that brings you up to date. 

Kind regards,

Terry

7.PNG

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Based off of those emails the username when setting up your client should be:

[username]+td

[username]+terry

[username]+dianne

Whereas your screenshots show you're entering the full emails as the username e.g. td@[username].plus.com

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bushwood
Grafter

Thank you Harry!

That has sorted out the td@....  a/c.

How can I replace the terry@....  that I removed?  The setup seems to be different if the a/c is existing in the list.  You can see from the list in my previous email, I using the terry@....  a/c delivery address.

Kind regards,

Terry  

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear that's sorted the td mailbox!

You should be able to set up the terry@ mailbox in the same way, just using username+terry as opposed to username+td when configuring the details in the client.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bushwood
Grafter

Dear Harry,

Unfortunately it is not as simple as that, as least not for me.

I went through 13 steps and ended up stymied!

I am wondering how i go about selecting the Message Delivery?

note 'Connect' is hiddennote 'Connect' is hiddennow using terry@...now using terry@...selecting popselecting popeverything added including 'Use...data file'everything added including 'Use...data file'after selecting 'next'after selecting 'next'oops!oops!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Terry, on one of the screenshots towards the end of this post, it shows you're entering the full email address (1) as the username. This needs to be set as your username+terry and the password would be the mailbox password.

I believe that should sort it.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bushwood
Grafter

Dear Harry,

I am a little confused.  On the first picture, the caption 'Connect' is hidden and therefore I chose to enter terry@... and then the caption is displayed.

On the 5th picture, the next one after the correct servers/ports are entered, the page shows 'We're getting things ready' and

the error code appears with 'terry@.....'

I can replace with bushwood+terry but the next (6th) picture appears which I have labeled oops.

How to fix?  Sorry.

Kind regards,

Terry

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Just a thought, are you entering the correct password for the Terry mailbox. Each mailbox can have different passwords , they are set from the ''manage my mail' facility in the member centre.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bushwood
Grafter

Hi,

I went to 'manage my mail' and I have discovered that I can only change, not check the password.

I think that they share the same password but they have performed faultlessly for time immemorially.  They still work in webmail.

I am reluctant to change unless you can demonstrate it will fix the problem otherwise I am chasing a rainbow.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Kind regards,

Terry

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

think that they share the same password but they have performed faultlessly for time immemorially.  They still work in webmail.

If the passwords work in webmail for the individual mailboxes then they are correct.

That's my theory out of the windowSad

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @bushwood, thanks for trying that and for getting back to us.

I'm wondering if the best course of action may be to get one of our technical advisors to give you a call, remote into the computer and manually input our settings - do you feel that this is something you'd be willing to try?

Please let me know ASAP and I'll get it arranged if you'd like to proceed.

bushwood
Grafter

Dear OP

I out now but at home tomorrow morning then going away for the weekend.  I will be back Sunday afternoon so it is better to wait till Monday.  I will await an email for you to arrange.

Kind regards,

Terry