Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email synchronizing error

Pentris
Dabbler

Email synchronizing error

Since I changed to IMAP email I keep getting the following error message

'Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for xxx.xxx@xxxxx.plus.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronized folders for xxx.xxx@xxxxx.plus.com Error : Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact you server administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP)'

I contacted the chat line and was told the email team would contact me, they haven't.

Has anyone come across this problem and know the solution please.

8 REPLIES 8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Email synchronizing error

Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your email service and that you haven't had a response following your contact with us over web-chat.

Do you experience the same issue using a different device or mail client? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@Pentris When you changed to IMAP did you set up a new account in Outlook or try changing an existing POP3 account to IMAP? Unfortunately changing an existing account won't work.

Which version of Outlook are you using?

David
Pentris
Dabbler

I have 4 email accounts which sync across a Windows desktop, an Android tablet and an Android phone.

1) Microsoft sync account which works perfectly, 2) two Gmail accounst that work perfectly, 3) one Plusnet account that fails intermittantly. I have had to keep a POP3 Gmail account version as IMAP does not support 'Contacts' syncing. This continues to work perfectly.

All accounts have new profiles as they have different ports and incoming server address for IMAP working.

As the fault is intermittant It gives the appearance of possibly one server only that is rejecting the sync request. It can go two days fine and then on the third day fail several times. The next automatic sync can then be ok.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@Pentris wrote:

I have 4 email accounts which sync across a Windows desktop, an Android tablet and an Android phone.

...  3) one Plusnet account that fails intermittently.

As the fault is intermittent It gives the appearance of possibly one server only that is rejecting the sync request. It can go two days fine and then on the third day fail several times. The next automatic sync can then be ok. 

Thanks for the expanded explanation. Thumbs_Up

Could you confirm it is syncing with imap.plus.net (port 143) which intermittently fails?

Is it access from your default email mailbox or an additional mailbox which fails?

Please could you post the times when syncing fails for the Plusnet mail team to check against the mail logs?

David
Pentris
Dabbler

The profile is

I/C imap.plus.net port 143

O/G relay.plus.net port 25

As I only notice it when I am using the PC the occurance that led to this question being raised was 14th July at 10:51:36 because I took a screendump of the message then. I will try and record the times when I see it again.

It is the third out of 4 email accounts, 2 gmail, then plusnet, then Microsoft

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Pentris,

Thank you for confirming your incoming and outgoing server settings. Everything looks to be set up correctly on your side.

Unfortunately there's not an SLA for when the email team will provide an update but this is normally within 5-10 working days. I've sent them an update to confirm the settings on your side. In the interim, I've tried refreshing your mail component from our side as this can sometimes resolve these types of intermittent issue.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Pentris
Dabbler

Has just failed sync today 19th July at 12:01:06

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

I'm sorry to hear that it's failed again today. Thank you for confirming the time that this happened at - I will pass this on to the team that are looking into this as this should assist with their investigation.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team