Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What - Where - When - Why ???

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: What - Where - When - Why ???

Further to Jim's post here as if I didn't realise that the actual board naming etc was only a 5 minutes job Roll_eyes  It's all the consequential time moving relevant threads, but that's your lookout. What concerns me more is common issues coming up on multiple boards and the extra time I and others would need to spend keeping a look out for them.
And what's with the
As a very regular member posting on these forums where I try to help other posters I have seen many posters making suggestions which were not relevant as they assumed that the poster was on ADSL when they were on Fibre

phrased in a manner that suggests that you are the only one trying to help other posters and that we haven't noticed what is probably more than a mere handful of errors like that.  Thanks a bunch Jim  Angry
Your time would have been better spent IMHO, moving the Feedback board from the General Section to the bottom of the Help & Support section which might encourage a greater number of poster to start threads on the correct board and perhaps there'd been more genuine feedback and less ranters and Broadband and Router problems on the Feedback board, but that's just my opinion.
Anotherone
Champion

Well, yesterday's Network outage with threads all over, is a fine example of why the boards should not have been split! Especially as there was some bad advice being posted.
TORPC
Grafter

I originally posted in Feedback, as there was no definite Thread / Board to post about the outage in, & it was almost immediately moved to ADSL
The fact remains that it was not only ADSL but also FIBRE customers affected by the MSO
AS I mentioned before & it was clearly dismissed, to which I think it is clearly about time that it is re-utilised, especially since & more so, since the boards has been split
The Thread called Announcements , is for such things of PN giving their bad advice like they do in the Service status pages
Plusnet Service Status Email
To Me Today at 9:11 AM
Service: Broadband
Posted: Sun, Oct 12 2014 at 09:06:05
Subject: Broadband Connectivity (83130) - Update
This is in an update to our previous posts regarding the recent connectivity problem.
The majority of our customers have now been able to re-connect to the Internet, however, a small portion of our customers may still be struggling to re-connect.
Customers who are still struggling to connect please manually log in to your router and under the 'Technicolor Gateway' section on the left hand side please select 'Configuration' and at the bottom of the screen click 'Setup my Technicolor Gateway' and follow the steps provided.
Kind regards,
Jessica Booth
Customer Relations

Oh & what was the effect it had, let me think, Ahh... here it is
Quote from: wirefish
After following the advice in Plusnet's service update at 17:54 I'm still getting 'Authentication Failed' as it seems are many others. What are the chances of further updates from Plusnet before their next scheduled update at 9am?
I've been using plusnet for less than two months now and this is the third outage (second one that has lasted hours) is this the usual rate of failure?

Yet I suppose that Idea will be a cause of someone shooting me in the foot for the very mention of it (Again)
Remind me again, who from PN said something about, it would not be more work for Staff or Mods ?Huh
See
Quote from: Oldjim
See the other two threads - there have been a lot of users disconnected

Three threads in relation to one problem in PN towers
@least 1 in ADSL 1 in FIBRE / 1 in FEEDBACK
As to avoid confusion
Under the current split which is the ultimate correct thread / board, to post about something that affects all connection(s) ?Huh
Can we all not see a pattern emerging here ?Huh
Anotherone
Champion

I think such a long winded post detracts from the one new point you have quite reasonably made - the use of the Announcements board by Plusnet (or a mod even in these circumstances). There is also the Service Status Phone Line mentioned in a thread on the Feedback board.
TORPC
Grafter

Cheers for the feedback Anotherone Smiley
The "new point you have quite reasonably made - the use of the Announcements board by Plusnet"
I originally made a thread about using it a few months ago,albeit for Planned Maintenance & was basically shot in the foot for the very mention of it, by PN staff Sad as there are other avenue(s) like Twitter / Sign up for Email alerts /  RSS feeds etc)
As I clearly stated back then NOT everyone is going to sign up to something they never intend to use / want emails (as they get enough anyway), for just 1 purpose, when they already frequent the Forums & they could see Announcements made as & when they happen in the announcement thread / board
To which other members clearly agreed
TORPC
Grafter

This is what an example we'd like to see
[quote= http://www.three.co.uk/Support/Network_and_Coverage]We normally fix any unplanned network outages within an hour or two. If you're having ongoing problems, or you're really stuck, just get in touch:
I am not saying PN needs a carbon copy, however a similar message, would be nice & could also reflect on the status of the current call waiting times
That said perhaps PN has something similar stated & I have inadvertently missed it ?Huh