Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The link to the Plusnet Fibre Forums is totally unhelpful

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: The link to the Plusnet Fibre Forums is totally unhelpful

You have to be joking, where is the improvement?
Quote from: Oldjim
Plusnet staff decide as it is their Forum - and the time is as long as a piece of string   Roll_eyes

Really! I thought it was a "Community" forum. And IIRC there was a post many moons ago from Chris Parr that said as much.
I don't think the change that has been made is going to be of any help whatsoever and is only going to please a small minority of Fibre customers. It's certainly not going to improve the response times to posts on this forum.
As I and others have posted previously, I don't agree with such a split and I'm totally against the use of further sub-forums. The only split that seemed sensible and useful is for FTTP. With this new split, a mix of FTTP and FTTC is just going to make things more confused.
Cruise85
Grafter

Hi Anotherone
I'm sorry to hear that you don't find the recent amendments to the forums an improvement.
However this was certainly something that was requested by a number of forum users to avoid confusion. It also allows users to be able to post to a more specific thread, and as such they will hopefully receive an answer to their concerns in a shorter time scale.
To confirm, this action was taken at the request of the community and as such the changes were made, however as with any change, unfortunately we cant please everybody.
Regards
Matt
Anotherone
Champion

Cruise85
Grafter

Hi Anotherone
In regards to the mentioned post, again the contents of which are similar to this thread.
I understand that the change wont please everyone, and that people will still post in alternative threads such as "Feedback" however the changes were made after we opened the matter up for discussion, and the majority of members opted to split the threads.
As Chris also stated, it does simplify matters in regards to where to raise a post.
Again, I'm sorry if you are one of the users who doesn't appreciate the changes, however I believe that these changes will be beneficial for all parties involved
Regards
Matt
Anotherone
Champion

As posted on the other thread, it doesn't "simplify" matters at all.
SuperZoom
Grafter

Dammit!
I posted about this in the wrong forum section!
InterZoom
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Me too!    Sad
---
Troubleshooting:
The Limitations of Traceroute & Ping
Latency: Connection "fast" but internet sluggish? Bufferbloat FAQ
Black Holes: Worth noting that the Plusnet Hub One router has an MTU of 1488 bytes.
Anotherone
Champion

You're both wrong, that was in the right place Crazy
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I really don't see where there is a huge problem?.

It was confusing and a bit illogical prior to the change.  And there was an agreed need for change.
It is still not perfect, but in my opinion it IS now much better and more logical.  Initial goal achieved with limited effort!..
  To go much further opens up a whole debate on what else within Community needs restructuring after a long (In Internet time) period of stability.  If we now place this bigger piece of work against the other areas of the Back Office that are in desperate need of a refresh:  Billing Sysystem;  Provisioning; Ticket system (and others),  then a higher place in the development queue is hard to justify.
Let's just work with it and put the energy into ensuring the higher value developments DO get delivered

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: MauriceC
I really don't see where there is a huge problem?.

Talk about exaggeration. Who said it was a huge problem. I certainly didn't. I've always said, just as others have, that it wouldn't be beneficial.
As you don't spend an awful lot of time posting on this forum Maurice, then perhaps I can understand why you don't see the potential issues.
It was confusing and a bit illogical prior to the change.   And there was an agreed need for change.

There was no confusion. It was very simple, if you had a Broadband or Router problem you posted in Broadband & Routers.
And as I've pointed out here
Quote from: Anotherone
And where was the discussion  Roll_eyes   I've seen no link to any recent thread discussing this.
Now tell me, where does someone with a customised home network with a  router configuration problem post?

It's certainly not better or logical IMHO and that last quote is just one example of the "new" confusion.
To go much further opens up a whole debate on what else within Community needs restructuring after a long (In Internet time) period of stability.  If we now place this bigger piece of work against the other areas of the Back Office that are in desperate need of a refresh:  Billing Sysystem;  Provisioning; Ticket system (and others),  then a higher place in the development queue is hard to justify.
Let's just work with it and put the energy into ensuring the higher value developments DO get delivered

You talk as though frequent responders on this forum should be/are writing the code or whatever for the improved Billing System, Ticket System or whatever, which is of course complete rubbish. And no-one that I'm aware of has suggested any "restructuring" of the forum, so another red herring. The change that has been made has required more effort than was justified IMHO.
As for your last point, plenty of us have made a number of suggestions over the years for improvements that would reduce the demand for the more minor requests placed upon DCT/CRT staff (& the CSC), but are nevertheless important issues to users, and they are as much likely to happen in the near future as getting pigs to fly.
I wish a mod would lock this thread because it's gone way off-topic from Jim's original point and in reply #32 I linked to https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,132619.0.html where this issue was raised and any further discussion should be taking place, but has continued to rumble on here as a result of #33 cross-posting (see Forum Rules).
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Anotherone
The change that has been made has required more effort than was justified IMHO.
You mean about 5 minutes work for the Moderator who did it
As a very regular member posting on these forums where I try to help other posters I have seen many posters making suggestions which were not relevant as they assumed that the poster was on ADSL when they were on Fibre
The subsequent work expected for the moderators after the moving of existing threads which are still live is expected to be minimal
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

mod:note
locked, discussion can carry on in the other thread if needed.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'