Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the Ranking system?

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Problem with the Ranking system?

Yesterday 2/6/2016 I received notifications at 21:25 and 21:55 that I had "Ranked up to xxxxxx".  Only bothered to check a few minutes ago - and my rank hasn't changed.

Not fussed about the status, but it's odd to have received the notification and no action?

Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

56 REPLIES 56
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Problem with the Ranking system?

Not sure how it all works, I have never had a notice, but something keeps it ticking along!

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Even stranger I just got n email saying "anonymous" accepted my fix! Still a few teething issues methinks!

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@MauriceC wrote:

Yesterday 2/6/2016 I received notifications at 21:25 and 21:55 that I had "Ranked up to xxxxxx".  Only bothered to check a few minutes ago - and my rank hasn't changed.

I don't know if this applies here, but these reports can be generated if changes are being tried on the scoring system to check effects.

The ghostly behaviour of anonymous is a known feature that is being looked into.

David
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you know that this is being looked in to ?

as @LouisaMartin has FAILED to provide a list of what issues are being investigated, and what has been rejected.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

I have changed the status back to unfixed, there is no answer yet.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Fixed removed at OP's request

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why was the post containing the fix removed ?  Undecided

Mav

No posts have been removed, just the fix has been removed but the post remains.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I misunderstood Embarrassed

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The strange ranking notices are known, but as you can appreciate pretty low on this list compared to issues like the Rich Text Editor and other related matters. And just to be clear the Rankings are an in house tweakable thing whereas the RTE is Lithium.

Mav

@Anonymous no problem

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Once again this thread has been accepted as "Fixed" when clearly it hasn't been.  Message 11 which was given as the "Fix" clearly accepts that it is a known problem but on the 'Low priority' list of things to be addressed.  Ergo - a bug!

I can accept that it is of lower priority than other identified problems, but after 8 weeks of no identifiable progress on those high profile bugs the probability of a fix must be very low.

Many components of the service are now inconsistent, unreliable or sometimes both, such that overall confidence and trust in the new features has been eroded.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MauriceC - I see no fix here so I assume it has been undone, and if the truth be told quite rightly too, as it's not a fix until it's fixed!

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Yep, it has been unfixed!