Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the Ranking system?

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: Problem with the Ranking system?

@MauriceC wrote:

Yesterday 2/6/2016 I received notifications at 21:25 and 21:55 that I had "Ranked up to xxxxxx". 

Maurice

What ranking is this you are refering to and where is it please?

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@artmo wrote:

What ranking is this you are refering to and where is it please?

You = Community veteran

Me  = Aspiring Pro

See panel on the left of the post along with Post count etc.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Oh! I thought it was something to worry aboutWink Thank you for the explanation.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Nah!  It's just a bit of dressing - but if it's there and the system is sending out automated messages then it should be correct.   If the automation could be switched off???

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I see your rank has gone up Maurice Thumbs_Up

MauriceC
Resting Legend

@Anotherone wrote:

I see your rank has gone up Maurice Thumbs_Up

Yes, but only for a short while.Lips_are_sealed   Now reverted back to earlier yesterday;  post #2 marked as the 'fix' again; the thread marked as 'unread'   --------  what can I say?  It's broke!

Maurice

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

I have 'unfixed' post #2 again.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anonymous
Not applicable

I suspect someone anonymous is mischievously behaving like a right [-Censored-]Cheesy

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav) Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

I have 'unfixed' post #2 again.

Thanks Mav, but I did 'unfix' post #2 when I posted my last message and it said it had worked.  Of course it could have occurred again after my post.  Another little 'challenge' offered by this new piece of softwareLaugh

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Hi @MauriceC, can you remember what 'rank' it said you had become and have any recollection of how it was triggered? Did you receive any 'thanks' or have a post accepted as a solution? Some ranks depends on this but I can't say for sure. I don't deal with the formula for the ranking system but maybe @HarryB or @Chris could look into this?

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I saw it - he went from Aspiring Pro to Pro and now back again

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks @Oldjim, I will have a look a the formula..

Okay, I'm not too good with this kind of stuff and I am not allowed to give out the formulas in their exact forms but having looked at it I reckon that @MauriceC had received some thanks that were then removed OR had a solution that was accepted then removed which may have triggered the rank system. Sounds more likely to be the latter as everything else is above the threshold for the next rank Smiley

Does this sound familiar @MauriceC?

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

@jaread83 wrote:

Does this sound familiar @MauriceC?

To some extent yes, but not knowing the trigger points it's hard to tell.   But it has happened now on two successive days?  The thanks and fixes were recorded as by 'anonymous' in this thread on both days.   The thread has been marked as 'fixed' on a number of occasions and to a number of different posts, both myself and the Mods have 'unfixed' the thread several times.  It seems illogical that anyone who is not of some administrative status or the OP can mark a Topic as fixed.

I'm not really bothered about the rank, but the system does need to be more stable than is currently being delivered.

M

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The anonymous users marking posts as a fix is being investigated and I have asked @LouisaMartin to get an update on the progress for this. For the rank itself I can safely say that you are on the very brink of the next rank. All you need is a few more 'thanks' or 1 more solution (either of these) to reach the next rank.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Thanks Jack, but as I've already mentioned the actual Rank is almost irrelevant - a piece of gaudy frippery!

Of more concern, and the reason I raised the original issue, is that this is yet another example of the unstable software base of this new forum.  And still no visibility of any CORE fixes.  As an ex developer I'm quite comfortable that this bug is of low priority.

M