cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In And Out

thejudge
Rising Star

In And Out

OK, I've finally managed to log in (that 'Sign in' pop-up doesn't work in Firefox unless you open it as a new tab or window, BTW), but can someone tell me how the heck I sign out again? I don't have 'Keep me signed in' (or whatever it's called) ticked, and I don't want to stay signed in.

PS. Preview doesn't seem to work either. The icon doesn't even spin, it just sits there.

TIA

39 REPLIES 39
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: In And Out

Click your avatar top-right for sign out. Regarding the Firefox/preview observation, I suspect something else is at play because both work fine for me using Firefox across Windows 10, Windows 8 and Android N Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Do you have any plugins that are disabling JavaScript? It sounds like you are blocking it as the components you described rely on JavaScript to be enabled for them to work.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

thejudge
Rising Star

Nothing happens when I click on my avatar. When I open it in a new tab, there's just my info there and no logout option.

This is with Firefox (on W7) started in Safe Mode as well (and preview still doesn't work then, either).

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

And you don't have JavaScript disabled or a plugin that blocks JavaScript being executed?

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

thejudge
Rising Star

I have NoScript, but have given temporary permissions for this site to run. Still no go. And, as I said, the same problems occur with Firefox in Safe Mode (i.e., with all add-ons disabled).

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Try clearing Your Firefox caches >Tools >Options >Advanced >Network .....
>Cached Web Content         &  >Offline Web Content and User Data

Also try doing <ctrl>F5 on the various pages.

thejudge
Rising Star

Sorry, tried that, no soap.

thejudge
Rising Star

SignIn now works as it should, and clicking on my avatar takes me to my profile page (*), but there's still no 'SignOut' option there. Preview still doesn't work either.

* But once I've posted a message, clicking on my avatar no longer works and I have to open the link in a new tab to see my profile again.

Anotherone
Champion

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Clicking your avatar should produce a 'fly-out' menu, this is what you're missing:

Screenshot_2016-04-16-14-39-29.png

This menu not working (going straight to user profile page) is one of the main 'known issues' at present, working/not working/intermittent working seems to be somewhat device dependent.

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
thejudge
Rising Star

SignIn has now failed again, meaning I have to log in in a second tab. Still no fly-out menu when clicking the avatar.

Anotherone
Champion

What device and Browser are you using? These extra oddities could be an unusual combination.

thejudge
Rising Star

PC - W7 Pro. Browser - Firefox EME-Free v45.0.2 The SignIn is working again (but I'll see what happens after I post this), and clicking on my avatar opens the profile page. Clicking 'Preview' now wipes what I've put in (which is why I Ctrl+C'd it first).
Anotherone
Champion

Clicking Preview on a post shouldn't wipe it as long as you click "stay on page" as mentioned here, but it does wipe it on PMs! All these bugs are intermittent, sometimes they don't happen, but most times they do.