cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In And Out

thejudge
Rising Star

Re: In And Out

I think I should point out that - whatever has been done, is being done, or has been suggested - [i]none[/i] of this has resolved any of my issues. That's one reason why I hardly ever bother coming here anymore - the whole revamp seems to have been roostered up.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The javascript issues which were in fact caused by some Google Analytics Click tracking code, have been resolved, so you should now be able to click at your Username/Avatar on the top RHS and get the fly-out menu.
At the bottom of the menu is the Sign Out (you may need to scroll). Can you not see that OK?

thejudge
Rising Star

No.

1) The first time I click on 'Sign in', a box flashes up briefly then vanishes. Further clicking doesn't even do that, and I have to open a new tab to sign in.

2) Preview still doesn't work - the 'doughnut of doom' just sits there.

3) When I click on my avatar, I get no fly-out menu at all - it just goes to the Profile page.

4) Even then, there's no 'Sign Out' option there.

I repeat that this is happening with all ad- and script-blocking disabled for the whole site.

Anotherone
Champion

Can you confirm it's FireFox, Windows 7 on a PC, just in case there's something odd there or some specifics to look at? Note that FF46 has an issue, it may be better to try v45 if you updated.

Try clearing all your caches and any forum history (or just all your history if you aren't bothered) again.

From what the others have said this sounds like javascript is not doing what it should for some reason.

Try FF safe mode again and a Private window after clearing caches etc. When you do that is there any difference at all in behaviour?

thejudge
Rising Star

PC - W7 Pro. Browser - Firefox EME-Free v46.0.1 (but the problems were present on v45.0.2).

Have cleared all visits to the forum out of my browser history. How would I clear the cache?

Anyhow, problems persist in Safe Mode and Private Browsing.

Anotherone
Champion

Doesn't sound too promising, but you should be able to clear the cache at >Tools >Options >Advanced >Network.

I wonder if @jaread83 can suggest anything that may solve this?

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I am unsure how to fix this as a lot of users seem to be reporting this issue since the update to FF 46. @bobpullen has been looking at the bug reports submitted to firefox and may have found something but it doesn't look like Mozilla are going to issue a patch until June.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anotherone
Champion

But thejudge did mention that he was getting what seems like js related issues with v45.0.2, so have you got any other ideas @jaread83?

thejudge
Rising Star

Just to note that I've logged back in to the Forum today for the first time in a while and that the problems I was having seem to have been fixed.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Welcome back @thejudge! I beleive a lot of the issues were due to an earlier version of Firefox at the time. I think FF is up to V50 now and we haven't had any more authentication errors since FF got updated past the problematic version in May.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.