cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing/Terms changes - October 2013

inhost
Grafter

Re: Pricing/Terms changes - October 2013

SO I cancelled stating that I have done so because I do not agree to the changes in contract, get my MAC key and shock horror they try to bill me for the remainder of the time on the contract anyway.
- Deferred Hardware - Technicolor TG582n Fibre Router £163;40.00
- Plusnet Extra Fibre Profit Foregone Contract (18 months)
£163;49.50
- Deferred FTTC (with WLR) activation contract for 12 months
£163;25.00<br/>
- Broadband service charge for 2 days £163;1.33
So I have to pay 4 x £163 for cancelling.... WHAT?
Devonian
Grafter

COT just knocked a fiver of my bill for the next 9 months which makes me £27 better off at the end of the yea when I factor in the price rise.  I'm happy with that.
inhost
Grafter

They updated the ticket, the charges are:
- Deferred Hardware - Technicolor TG582n Fibre Router £40.00
- Plusnet Extra Fibre Profit Foregone Contract (18 months) £49.50
- Deferred FTTC (with WLR) activation contract for 12 months £25.00
- Broadband service charge for 2 days £1.33
Of course I reject them all except the service fee as per the agreement plusnet made by email.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Now I'm confused - I didn't think you'd owe the 'Plusnet Extra Fibre Profit Foregone Contract (18 months) £49.50' - I thought that was what was cancelled as a result of the fees going up and your right to get out of the contract because of this.
Deferred fees are a different matter and clearly will be a matter of unhappiness for some in these circumstances.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

That's right - the £49.50 is a mistake and I'm sure they will remove that charge once this is pointed out.
KevinG
Rising Star

Quote from: inhost

163 is the ANSI character code for a pound sign!
inhost
Grafter

Well I have also been with them WAAAY longer than 12 months too so that should not apply either, the router they sent me was not working properly and when reported they did not want it back so I am not paying that either.
I just thought I would highlight that the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing, usual bad service, the computer said charge so I charge attitude.
We'll do you proud.... so far from the truth.
Anyone also cancelling expect them to try and charge you for stuff they have no right to charge for, they obviously need a bigger pork pie fund
KevinG
Rising Star

Well I have also been with them WAAAY longer than 12 months too so that should not apply either,

Fibre contracts are 18 months. The early termination charge for Extra Fibre is £5.50 a month. That suggests they think you still have 9 months of your 18 month fibre contract left. I accept that they should not be charging it in any case.
dai
Grafter

I have yet to receive my email, but very much doubt I will stay, so with respect to the fee of £40 for the router, can we not just return it. Mine is sat in its box doing nothing as its no use whatsoever?
Jarr
Grafter

Quote from: Jarr
I phoned and was told I can only move phone and not my broadband???
Could you clarify 100% please before I ring again?
I also had this response
"As discussed should you wish to cancel your telephone service due to the price increase this could be done without charge, however the price of your broadband has not changed therefore we would not be able to cancel this without charge as this has not been affected by the price increase.
Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you have any queries or issues."
The lady on the phone was adamant and didn't really listen to my questions that I had read from this topic.

BTW thanks for replying to our questions.

Just come back from holidays and had the message I can move my phone for free but BB will cost £150!
I was told in an earlier post it would be free for both?
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Unless you are on the product listed as changed then they will not offer a free "out". E.g. if you are on Unlimited then you don't get out free.
I am not on the BB's changed but my phone will be going up, but since I am in a LRS to Oct it doesn't mean anything to me, but come Oct I will be moving my phone.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I don't have my phone with Plusnet.
If I was crazy enough to move my phone to Plusnet they would give me £10 per month, for 3 months.
So if I join, they need to retain 20 people just to break even on phone income.
This won't happen, so expect annual (at best) increases in phone charges.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

scoobydoo1
Grafter

SO I cancelled stating that I have done so because I do not agree to the changes in contract, get my MAC key and shock horror they try to bill me for the remainder of the time on the contract anyway.
£163;49.50
£163;25.00<br/>

just goes to show even plusnet dont even know their own T&C set out in their OWN emails they sent out lol,
I phoned and was told I can only move phone and not my broadband???
Could you clarify 100% please before I ring again?
I also had this response
"As discussed should you wish to cancel your telephone service due to the price increase this could be done without charge, however the price of your broadband has not changed therefore we would not be able to cancel this without charge as this has not been affected by the price increase.
Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you have any queries or issues."
The lady on the phone was adamant and didn't really listen to my questions that I had read from this topic.

BTW thanks for replying to our questions.

Just come back from holidays and had the message I can move my phone for free but BB will cost £150!
I was told in an earlier post it would be free for both?

yet another story of plusnet giving soooo many mixed information, one min they say you can cancel without charge, and now your charged? i mean dont they know what their doing ? seems to me they are all over the place with mixed messages, even tho its CRYSTAL clear in the emails you can leave free of charge
i can see why they keeping a low profile answering today lol
scoobydoo1
Grafter

£163;49.50
£163;25.00<br/>

my advice is dont bother ringing customer services, and just make an offical complaint with CEO , their email is on google
neilandmike

Sooo....I am currently on Value Fibre and have also pay for line rental (Evenings and Weekend package). I currently pay £16.49 for the fibre and £13.99 for the phone.
Unless I am mistaken, if I do nothing, my line rental will increase by £1 to £14.99, but my fibre will remain unchanged.
However, if I sign up for Essentials Fibre, I will get half price fibre for 3 months (£7.99), then it will cost £15.99 after that *but* I will be in a new 18-month contract?
Please let me know if I'm wrong here!