Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing/Terms changes - October 2013

beetnik
Grafter

Re: Pricing/Terms changes - October 2013

Just received the email this morning.
When I signed up for Plusnet at the beginning of the year - FTTC and phone - the price of the phone package wasn't the cheapest out there but it wasn't overly expensive so I took it on the basis of simplicity - one provider. I'm not averse to a price increase somewhere along the way, provided it bears some reality to the current economic climate. Increases of 7% and 12.5% respectively for line rental and talk anytime, however, are way out of line with inflation and pay/salary increases - around four times higher in fact and probably a deal higher for many wage earners.
If nothing else, I find this unethical.
Consequences are that I'll move my account at the end of the contract term and that they'll not get our business account - FTTC just about to go live at our business premises and we'll be switching provider.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Sorry if this has already been answered.
My current annual line rental is paid up to a date after increase. Would I be able to pay the next year's annual rental at the old rate if I do so before the increase?
Thanks
Dave
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You can pay up to 3 months before it is due and if that is before Oct 1st it would be at the old price
Jarr
Grafter

Any update on my query please?
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

It's one contract.  The agent was incorrect who advised you.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Jarr
Grafter

So I can cancel the whole thing? Just to make sure.
Also if I ask for my mac code am I cut off straight away or only if I go to another company?
James
Grafter

We'll only close your account once you have actually moved to a different supplier.
And yes you can cancel the whole thing free of charge as long as your broadband is not ceased.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Just got my email and it's £1.50 a month extra for me. A rise in line with inflation I can understand but they are far higher or IF BT wholesale prices had risen but they have not, they have gone down. This excuse "These changes enable us to continue investing in our award-winning customer support" is frankly a load of bovine droppings. It's to fund all these stupid free and cut price offers which we, loyal customers, are expected to pay for.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Bob
Quote from: Jarr
I phoned and was told I can only move phone and not my broadband???
Could you clarify 100% please before I ring again?

Pretty sure that's not the case. I'll double check my understanding tomorrow though and let you know. If I'm right, I'll make sure the person you spoke to knows what the correct approach is.

As Kelly's pointed out, it's not right. You /can/ move both.
Quote from: beetnik
When I signed up for Plusnet at the beginning of the year - FTTC and phone - the price of the phone package wasn't the cheapest out there but it wasn't overly expensive so I took it on the basis of simplicity - one provider. I'm not averse to a price increase somewhere along the way, provided it bears some reality to the current economic climate. Increases of 7% and 12.5% respectively for line rental and talk anytime, however, are way out of line with inflation and pay/salary increases - around four times higher in fact and probably a deal higher for many wage earners.
If nothing else, I find this unethical.
Consequences are that I'll move my account at the end of the contract term and that they'll not get our business account - FTTC just about to go live at our business premises and we'll be switching provider.

Sorry to hear that Sad
You can fix the line rental costs for the next 12 months at £10.49/mnth if you take Line Rental Saver before October. It means paying it all up front though Undecided

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Check out TalkTalk's price ramp:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5971-talktalk-reveals-its-price-changes.html
You could pay even more and get truly appalling support thrown in for nothing.
Dave
NedLudd
Grafter

My line rental paid annually is due in October. If I pay before the 1st will I get it at the current price or the post Oct 1st price?
Geoff,
York.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Yes you will get it at the current price  :).
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

NedLudd
Grafter

Thank you Mike!  Smiley
That's what I thought, but wanted confirmation.
Geoff,
York.
Sadie
Grafter

When I paid my Line Rental Saver in October 2012 I'm pretty sure it was £113.88.  If that price is correct then the increase in the LRS from this October will equate to a £2 per month increase.  OK, we'll still be saving but percentagewise it seems a tad unfair, given that PN have the use of the money for 12 months, and are only putting up the monthly payment by £1.
So with the £2 per month increase for the line and 50p for Anytime International, in reality it means an extra £2.50 per month - ouch.  I don't want to change providers but if I can find it cheaper I'm going to be very tempted.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

@ Sadie, I paid £113.88 in 2012, last January I paid £125.88.
Got my notification today, £1.00 on the line rental and 50p for the inclusive calls. I took the home phone and did a deal with PN on my BB. Having a look around I can't find an ISP cheaper with the same package so for the time being I'll stay. Shame my LRS is up for renewal next January outside the 3 mth grace period. Sad
Seems strange to me that they try recently have tried to increase the phone side of things and then up the costs! By the way PN if you did Home phone only packages I would change my mothers line in a heart beat.
To stay or go? It will all depend on what PN want me to pay come next year when my deal is up!