Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autumn Price increase FAQ's

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Autumn Price increase FAQ's

Quote from: AndyH
But you can say the same for anything that has a minimum term contract - mobile phones, gas, electricity etc.

Yes, absolutely.  You are offered a lower price for a minimum term contract but then you cannot get out without a financial penalty.  LRS is non-refundable prepayment rather than a minimum term (fixed price) contract but it shares both the advantages and disadvantages of a minimum term contract.  Earlier in this thread people were getting upset that they might wish to terminate their broadband contract early but would lose out financially because their LRS was non-refundable.  So to say
There is certainly no disadvantage to taking up LRS ...

seemed a rather heedless statement in the overall context.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I think it's unlikely Plusnet will increase prices yet again this year - their June/Sep increases are surely it for the year.

U're will be in big surprise if Plusnet does increase again (3rd times) no ones know for certain.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If they did, a lot of people would leave.
nadger
Rising Star

Effectively I'm paying 15 months in advance to take advantage of current prices  Smiley
Surely it;s up to each person to decide how they plan their own finances and I personally like long term fixed price deals.
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: ReedRichards
Earlier in this thread people were getting upset that they might wish to terminate their broadband contract early but would lose out financially because their LRS was non-refundable.  So to say

But realistically, how many people were actually going to do that? If everyone was cutting prices in the market place and you were tied in with Plusnet, then I would understand the frustration more.
Looking at the wholesale cost of broadband, I can see that the line rental is subsidising the broadband (for those who take a package).
Quote from: goldenfibre
U're will be in big surprise if Plusnet does increase again (3rd times) no ones know for certain.

Well given the amount of notice Plusnet have to give etc., I think another price rise is off the cards for this year.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

From recent history
For existing customers not new ones so we are probably OK for a year
However just before my LRS runs out I will be giving the Customer Options Team a call when I have an hour or so to spare
grahamt
Rising Star

Not a bad idea that, Oldjim. My LRS is due for renewal in January, so I can't take advantage of renewing 3 months early at the current price. (I think this happened last year too - clearly I should have started my LRS a month earlier.)
My only problem, having been with Plusnet for several years, would be convincing the person on the end of the phone that I'd really jump ship if I'm not made an offer.
davvy76
Grafter

I have a question as to why plusnet want to charge me £70 odd for leaving early when the email clearly states:
"If, as a result of the changes in this email, you decided to terminate your affected service(s), you may do so without incurring the Early Termination Charge(s) that may otherwise be payable. If you wish to exercise this right you must contact us within 30 days of receiving this notification and gives us 14 days notice. You will still be liable for service charges up to the date of termination."
Am I to assume the broadband is not considered part of the package and the plusnet representative who I spoke to on the phone was wrong when he said there would be no early termination charge for taking a mac code due to the price rise email? Even one of the plusnet reps here says you can migrate the entire package due to the email http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,129255.msg1124984.html#msg1124984

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

You can move your broadband elsewhere, whilst leaving your phone at Plusnet.
Or vice versa.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: davvy76
the plusnet representative who I spoke to on the phone was ... said there would be no early termination charge for taking a mac code due to the price rise email?

This is true provided you responded within the necessary time limits.  However although these is no 'early termination charge', under certain circumstances you would still have to pay a 'broadband cease fee'.  If you pay for your broadband and line rental monthly you will get a refund of the any unused portion of those monthly payments but nothing else is refundable.   
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If if a MAC is used/required there is no cessation fee. MACs are not required for transfer to cable, and IIRC full LLU.
The thing to remember here, with everything is NEVER to actually CANCEL, give the relevant notice that you are moving, yes. You transfer and then when that is completed, if going to LLU or Cable, then Cancel your existing transferred service, otherwise it should be merely a case of closing your account afterwards. If you CANCEL at the wrong time you'll lose your services, and if that includes phone, you'll probably lose the number.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Line Saver Rental Price will increase from £137.88 to £155.88 effective from midnight.
(Thanks Oldjim for the Link)
petecov44
Grafter

Meh..
Can't wait for this contract to be up or bought out. Can use wholesale prices then!
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

And me too!
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I am a little puzzled now.  Undecided
I rang the COT team the other day to establish if I could pay my LRS in advance (3 months) and I was told that if I paid now the LRS would start immediately hence losing the balance of current LRS.  Is this true?  I thought that it was possible and have done it for last 2 years.
If not, then the COT ought to be corrected on this matter.  If it is correct, then I ought to be corrected (in thinking that one can pay LRS 3 months in advance which come into effect on the day after completion of previous LRS) by someone, in authority, from Plusnet.  Smiley
All help is welcome.
Thank you.