Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autumn Price increase FAQ's

chrcoluk
Grafter

Re: Autumn Price increase FAQ's

people wait 6 weeks in the uk as well Wink
I waited 4+ weeks just for a migration.
My install date on BT infinity a couple of years ago was initially circa 2 months until the CEO stepped in.
petecov44
Grafter

So BT are putting prices up again - are you?
Ado16
Grafter

Astonishing isn't it. In the beginning there was Dial  up - and the more people who used dial up internet the bigger the price war and the cheaper it became!
Then came Broadband and your 56k Dial up became a potential 2MBps Broadband! Yippee!
And Lo! Verily there was a Price War in Broadband - and as you upgraded, you upgraded for the same money that you paid before and occasionally you changed suppliers and actually paid less than before - and your 2MBps Broadband became 5MBps Broadband! Whoopee!
And Lo! More People were delivereth to the Broadband Network and verily the price - Should have come down.
.......but it just became more expensive - and websites used more bandwidth and wasted more of your allowance and still the Internet companies charged more!
........but I digress.  It's becoming ridiculous - Market Economics indicate that by now we should all be paying even less for these services.  In France - Broadband is cheap and hell even calls to other European Countries are free!  Yet we seem to be caught in some spiralling circle where as they give with one hand - they take with another.  (Line Rental) I'm running out of data regularly on my Mobile Phone now too  because more apps demand an internet connection when I didn't have this kind of problem just a year or two ago!
I hear that someone in our pathetic, miserable, murdering excuse of a Government has come up with the idea that it should be everybody's right to receive a Broadband Connection.  Make the thing as"Universal" as Phone lines once were.  I hope they do - but I also hope they kick OFCOM into touch so they relax the market enough for other operators to expand into areas where BT still have the monopoly.  Let's get on with it.  The country is being suffocated by this lack of connectivity.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

There's obviously a lower limit (but greater than zero) of the cost of transmitting a byte over the internet.
We must be very close to that point.
Because I get potentially unlimited quantities of broadband, but don't subscribe to Plusnet's telephone offering,
I can't think I contribute much to Plusnet's profit figures...

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Ado16
Grafter

Looking something random up on the Internet t'other day.  I came across Scottish and Southern Energy's site and was intrigued to see that they do Broadband!
£12 a month Line Rental? Huh? Shocked
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

"Interesting" line rental charges on SSE. £12 a month for Talk Weekend, but it jumps to £15 per month for all the other options, PLUS the extra £2-£7 for the option.
Ado16
Grafter

Confusing isn't it! (Surprise, Surprise!)
Still. That basic package would do us with a 50Gb limit for that price! Hmmmmmm  *Gets on phone to Plusnet Retentions*  Wink
Zantos
Dabbler

Interesting to see how PlusNet is promoted now:
Plusnet is renowned for its new customer incentives, which can range from several months half price to free equipment.
Doesn't say much for those already here does it?
petecov44
Grafter

No and when people are reporting getting not only £75 but also £100 from other sites when some of us pay full price sort of rubs salt in the wounds.
However plans are a foot.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

To do what?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Well hopefully the Natwest new initiative 'fairer banking' of looking after existing customers will take off.