cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Premium

Bud
Grafter

Re: Max Premium

Shows a much better upload on that speed test than others I have done, but its suggesting there may be RWIN or congestion problems
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Well that proves the suggestion that upload is capped is a load of spherical objects (as I think you suspected)!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Bud
Grafter

Yup,  shame they gave out such duff information.
Looks like there is some exchange congestion again here though
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Do the speeds you get vary much with the time of day?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Bud
Grafter

I normally hit line speed most of the time, but since yesterday I have been struggling to get above 2Mbps at any time of the day
Bud
Grafter

And that's from my other plusnet account on the same exchange but in a different building, but I know its on different equipment at the exchange as when there is a fault usually only 1 of them fall over and the other one keeps working.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Has that account got Max Premium? If so, the Upload is still rubbish. I'm wondering if the other is congestion?
What OS are you using? I take it if appropriate you've got RWIN etc tweaked?
Bud
Grafter

The 2nd one doesn't have max premium.  The first one with max premium I haven't had to change any settings since I put in a Draytek router about 3 or 4 years ago and normally works fine.  I had a similar issue 18 months ago which took BT about 8 weeks to sort out capacity issues ( and was difficult to get accepted as a problem/fault ) and the only problems was the weather causing disconnects on the line and needing the line reset.
Got 2 W7 machines and a vista one running on that line and both show the same issues, as is trying to view youtube or iplayer on 2 different ipads and 2 different iphones.
Anotherone
Champion

Oh yuk. I would have thought that speed test results like the one in reply #15 prove there's an issue. Does the BTw speedtester work for you? If so, run it just after you get a bad result on TBB and if you get the same bad result, don't run it again. Plusnet will be able to see that result their end.
If you've got an open ticket you could attach that bad TBB result.
Also consider setting up a TBB BQM which may also highlight the congestion. BUT if you aren't on a fixed IP address you'll have to be a bit OCD about deleting an old one and setting up a new one if your IP address changes (gateway hopping etc).
Bud
Grafter

I might set up the monitor as both accounts have fixed IP's as both accounts are from they days when the static IP was default and not an option.
BTW speedtester works, last result was slightly better than the TBB one (3.3Mbps) but as that is within the acceptable range I guess it will be fun trying to get this looked at.  It took a lot of effort 18 months ago when there was a capacity issue to get it even looked into properly without it being passed back as being acceptable and BT wont accept it to look at.
Anotherone
Champion

You've had a good listen to the phone line I trust, 17070 option 2 if needed.
It's a complete pain in the butt with these intermediate results!
Bud
Grafter

Yeah totally clear, and I don't think its the line as up until I started testing I had a connection of 600 hours plus, and prior to that I think it was over 1000 hours.  The only thing I have noticed different is there is a lot less errors showing on the line since the last reboot (20 hours ago)
> adsl status more
  --------------------------- ATU-R Info (hw: annex A, f/w: annex A) -----------
                  Near End        Far End
LatencyPath  :      2              2
LoS          :      0              0
LoF          :      0              0
LPR          :      0              0
RFI          :      0              0
Ncd          :      0              0
Lcd          :      0              0
FECS        :  1763              26
ES          :      1              2
LOSS        :      0              0
UAS          :      0              0
HECError    :      0              3
CRC          :      1              5
RsCorrection :  45172              51
INP          :      0              0
InterleaveDelay :    800            825

Last thinkbroadband test was as low as 0.49Mbps but the BT one was saying 3.91 taken right after it  Huh
Anotherone
Champion

Yeh, if you'd had a huge error rate that might have been enough for a fault Roll_eyes
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@ Bud
You might like to consider trying the router's MTU at 1500 instead of 1442 - 1500 is usually the optimum setting for ADSL connections and that may also explain the TBB comment about RWIN.
Bud
Grafter

I will try it at that, but why would it suddenly be a problem after 4 years of it working as it should?