cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth cut?

00lloyd
Grafter

Re: Bandwidth cut?

My line has no problems, as I've said before it hasn't in the last three years, the only explanation is that I've had to do a lot of rebooting/reconnecting, to get my home network set up the way I want (alas to no avail), and this has been seen as line instability (of course, why wouldn't it). But if I need to do it I shouldn't have to refrain just so I don't get banded for another week (although apparently it takes much longer for banding to be released a second time!).
Besides, I thought I could live with traffic shaping. I can't.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi 00lloyd,
I think the best thing would be to wait until you've done all your tweaking and everything is as you want it then we can arrange to get the banding lifted again. The best way to disconnect without affecting the DLM is to disconnect/reconnect via the router interface.
Jojo Smiley
00lloyd
Grafter

Yeah, I understand, but it's not just that, 10gig is not enough, but the PN Extra is not as good value for money, so I'm going to look into cancelling unless I can get a better deal anyway, and as I said, I can't live with traffic shaping. Tweaking could take a while, and I can't survive any longer on 1meg...