cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning customer

Kremmen1

Returning customer

I sold my house in May and had to terminate as I moved in with relatives who already have Plusnet
I'm in the process of buying another house

During the viewing I noticed that the installed NTE5C is damaged and there is no faceplate
When I come back, the house/street isn't yet full fibre enabled, I can't do a self install due to the master socket damage, will an engineer visit be easy to arrange ?
11 REPLIES 11
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Returning customer

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Broadband to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Morning @Kremmen1 glad to hear you are looking at returning to the family. When you sign up it should automatically detect whether it needs an appointment but our provisioning team will work on it to get it sorted for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
KremmenUK
Hooked

Thanks
I've found one old login to reply but my main one, Kremmen, doesn't appear to be on my normal emails to get my old password reset.

Anyway, the existing master socket is probably still working as a Plusnet Hub 1 was in there but it's got broken plastic on both sides and the hub is in the test socket
Definitely will need changing
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

I assume it will. What I would do is when you order the service, pop back on here and one of our prov experts will get back to you about it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
KremmenUK
Hooked

Thanks

Will do

Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Found my old password Smiley

Now to try and change my email address .......

Let's be careful out there !
Kremmen
Aspiring Pro

My house move is imminent and the only fibre in the street is Cityfibre

But, I walked down there a few days ago and the trench guys are laying conduit for Openreach

So, ballpark, how long from conduit stage to Openreach installing the central tower unit and wiring so I can go full fibre from the outset ?

Assuming anyone knows Smiley

IMG-20240124-WA0002.jpeg

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Not all conduit if for house to house FTTP, some of it is just for trunk cables - Openreach passed my house with fibre 6 years ago, but there is no prospect of us getting OR FTTP before 2030.

You need to look check your postcode on openreach.com to see if they have plans to build in your area.

Kremmen
Aspiring Pro

Thanks

Openreach website says "Now to Dec 26"

My issue is that the current NTE box is damaged and on a very long extension cable that is coming out as it's not very neat. DIY bodge by the look of it.

I need the modem to be in a front upstairs room 

I suppose, given the 3.9% + CPI I can wait till early April so I don't get hit immediately 

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

If there is no faceplate, are you sure that is the master socket? The "master" socket in my house turned out to be an extension, and the real master socket was in a bedroom cupboard (the phone wire came in through the loft).

Be aware that OR can charge for replacing a master socket - I seem to recall it is around £65+VAT if they do.

However, you can buy NTE5c online for £10-15, so at worst you could fit a new faceplate yourself if that is all it needs.

Kremmen
Aspiring Pro

Yes, it's an extension from a painted over old master socket in the hall.

The wire goes all round the internal skirting, out the back wall, across the house rear, back in, then down the opposite skirting.

Lounge is at the rear and It's all coming out because it's beyond ugly.

Of course I won't remove the master socket, just the extension wiring.

I did wire in a NTE5C for someone else and as you say, it's easy, but, the current Mbps estimate on FTTC isn't impressive so I'm hoping Openreach are fairly quick as I want to return to PN