Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP move to Plusnet from BT- HELP

stone23
Hooked

FTTP move to Plusnet from BT- HELP

HELP!!

We were due to move over to Plusnet from BT yesterday(23/1/2024) but nothing happened.

BT kindly turned off our connection during the night and our new connection with Plusnet hasn't started. We have been told that BT / Openreach are looking into this and we have to wait 48 hours!!

Both my husband and myself work from home and we cannot operate without wifi. I've seen other posts on here and I'm worried that 48 hours could become 72 or more!!!

I have spoken to Plusnet customer service and received text messages yesterday saying that they would up date me and if i had any questions that I should text, I tried this but got a text back saying they couldn't find the details of my query!!

This is extremely frustrating!!!!!

9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: FTTP move to Plusnet from BT- HELP

Unfortunately, @stone23 , where BT/Openreach are involved - as here - you and Plusnet are at their mercy.

John
stone23
Hooked

This is shocking customer service from both Plusnet and BT!!!!!

jab1
Legend

Plusnet cannot do anything about it - I suspect, but can't confirm, as I don't have enough knowledge of Full Fibre switches yet, that Openreach have had issues rebuilding your connection, but the BT Group seem to operate in a different world to everyone else, and you only get told about what is happening when they decide. Even Plusnet, as Openreach's customer, cannot request any more information until the 48 hours have passed.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 405

as I don't have enough knowledge of Full Fibre switches yet, that Openreach have had issues rebuilding your connection, 

That sounds plausible, there's been one or two similar occurences recently on FTTP transfers.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

That is what my reply was based on.😀

John
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@stone23 This is infuriating but as John says BT, Plusnet and other ISPs provide only the broadband service. The connection to your socket inside your house is the province of Openreach which is an independent company. Open reach works to its own schedules and causes many problems such as engineers not turning up on time when customers have taken time of work ...

However, you may have noticed it has been quite windy in recent days with many overhead lines brought down. These included two fibre cables serving my neighbours which lay across a busy street on Sunday last with traffic driving across them and causing a trip hazard to pedestrians until Openreach arrived five hours after we reported them and re-erected the terminal brackets that had been torn out of the gable walls. No consolation to you of course but OR must be very busy.

Mike

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @stone23 I'm really sorry about the delay to moving over to us. 

Iv'e checked your account and can see that we've raised an escalation, we're expecting an update tomorrow so I'll make sure we get back to you then. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
stone23
Hooked

I did recieive an update this morning and i quote "we are pleased to confirm that your boradband order has completed and it is now ready to use".

WHAT A PACK OF LIES WE STILL HAVE NO BROADBAND AND I'VE BEEN TOLD TO WAIT ANOTHER 48 WORKING HOURS!!!!!

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

Hi @stone23 I can see you've now escalated this to our High Level Escalation team and you've been assigned a case handler. Going forward, your case handler has ownership of this and we're unable to look into this further for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team