Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed

FIXED
Notoriousxx
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Upload speed

I've had an update from the Customer Advocate Team member on what the issue was:

"Openreach have advised that the built in parameters for your line were stuck on the wrong settings and due to missing components within the system, they were unable to view or change these, they have now rebuilt this part of the system and have been able to update your upload speeds."

However, today I'm facing an issue where my 5GHz frequency is unable to obtain an IP so I'm stuck on 2.4GHz. Not sure if it's related to this issue, but...
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Notoriousxx wrote:

"Openreach have advised that the built in parameters for your line were stuck on the wrong settings and due to missing components within the system

Well it's good to know that the underlying problem was identified !

@Notoriousxx wrote:

I'm facing an issue where my 5GHz frequency is unable to obtain an IP so I'm stuck on 2.4GHz. Not sure if it's related to this issue, but...

Try doing a factory reset on your Hub 2,  it should clear the config then reconnect to Plusnet automatically, with the WiFi electronics reset and back to the defaults

Notoriousxx
Rising Star

Thankfully I didn't need to do a factory reset. It seemed that Plusnet had enabled static IP which is what caused my 5ghz issues. It has been disabled and it's working again.

I will keep an eye over the next few days to see if my upload stays stable or if I have any further issues. Fingers crossed not.

Thanks for all the help.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 411

It seemed that Plusnet had enabled static IP which is what caused my 5ghz issues. It has been disabled and it's working again.

Que? Not sure how a static IP can have any effect on 5ghz Wifi ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Notoriousxx
Rising Star

I'm not sure, but as soon as Plusnet disabled it my 5ghz connected fine.
Notoriousxx
Rising Star

Just an update.
My UPLOAD has remained at 30 since the Customer Advocate sorted it out when I raised a complaint.

Thank you to those in this thread who helped me try to resolve this. There is no actual fix in this thread though so I can't really mark anything as resolved as this was done outside of this Forum by raising a complaint...

This thread can be closed.
Mav
Fixes: 516

@Notoriousxx 

It doesn't matter whether your issue has been fixed due to the help given here or elsewhere. If you feel the issue has now been resolved feel free to mark it thus maybe quoting a post giving the best advice or adding a reply describing what fixed it for you. This may help others with a similar problem.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Notoriousxx
Rising Star

Fix
Sure.

Raising a formal complaint fixed this issue.