cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ring cameras on plus one hub

keithplusone

ring cameras on plus one hub

I have just installed my plusone hub and am having trouble installing my ring security cameras. I read somewhere that ring cameras may only work on 2.4 ghz and not 5 ghz. Has anyone installed these cameras on a plusone hub or use their hub only on 2.4ghz. How fast would it be on 2.4ghz?

6 REPLIES 6
Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Re: ring cameras on plus one hub

Hello @keithplusone, Welcome to the Forum. It is only the Ring Pro that works on 5GHz, so what device do you have and what issues are you having while trying to install these?

As to how fast it? Well I can't answer as I have a Ring Pro and use the 5GHz band, but to be honest there is still lag when the doorbelll is active.

Edit: Typos

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Tech Help.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
keithplusone

thanks for your reply

Ihave a ring doorviewcam and a ring security cam solar but have only tried to reinstall the first item. Problem is that it will not talk to the hubone

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

I'll assume the camera is fitted to the peephole, so when following these instructions, at what point is your issue?

Norrette
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I have a doorbell and a battery cam hooked up to mine on 2.4GHz.  In fact that's the main reason I switched off 5GHZ as it seemed to interfere with the signal to these devices.   Speed isn't an issue with respect to the plusnet network, but it is an issue with the Ring servers.  I've never been able to view videos on my Samsung A5 phone, though the Samsung tablet is fine.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

You might like a look at this 🙂

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/mar/08/how-to-stop-your-smart-home-spying-on-you-lightbu... 

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."