cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mail2web.com

artmo
Aspiring Champion

mail2web.com

A friend has just told me she uses mail2web.com to collect her messages when away from home but can't get it to work properly any more.  I've just tried it and am having the same problem.  I enter my PN email address and password and get an error message asking me to check the info.
When I enter my gmail details I get through straight away.  Anyone got any ideas why I can't get it to work on PN?
12 REPLIES 12
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: mail2web.com

I have used Squirrel recently from North Scotland, no trouble first I logged onto Plus.net then Squirrel.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Yes, I use SM when I am away from home.  I'm interested to know, however, why I can't get mail2web to work with PN.
Not applicable

I use a domain, supplied by PN and I can't get into mail2web either. Nor can I access it with kmy gmail address.
Curious!
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Yes, it is curious. I've been having a look at it and I can get in without a problem if I use their 'advanced login'.  To do this you need to know our POP3 mailserver which is mail.plus.net
If anyone from PlusNet is reading this can they explain why we are having this problem?
I have emailed mail2web to ask them if they have an answer.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

I haven't had any issues using mail2web.com, been using it for a couple of years and just tested it again.
Unless I am missing something?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Just tried again and can't get my mail when using standard log-in (email and password) but can get in when I use 'advanced log-in' and enter the POP3 details.  Still haven't heard back from them about the problem. Seems a bit hit and miss.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

I configured a page that saved my email settings and haven't touched it since, so it could be that i configured it to use the 'advanced log-in'.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Not applicable

Yes, it is possible to login using the Advanced button and inputting mail.force9.net, username and password.
samuria
Grafter

Is there some reason why you just cant use webmail on Plus net its a lot simpler?
When PN had problems with webmail we used mail2web and you do have to use the advanced options if you search the forums you may find the old instructions from PN but it is a long time ago
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

You need to log in using the following naming convention:
Username: <mailbox username>@mail.plus.net
Psswd: <your mailbox password>
So if I had the username 'bobpullen' and an additional mailbox called 'bob' I would log in using the following username:
bobpullen+bob@mail.plus.net
Hope that helps.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Quote from: samuria
Is there some reason why you just cant use webmail on Plus net its a lot simpler?

I always use Squirrel Mail when I am away but I was asking about mail2web for a friend.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Quote from: Bob
You need to log in using the following naming convention:
Username: <mailbox username>@mail.plus.net
Psswd: <your mailbox password>
So if I had the username 'bobpullen' and an additional mailbox called 'bob' I would log in using the following username:
bobpullen+bob@mail.plus.net
Hope that helps.

Thanks for that Bob.  I'll pass the info to my friend who wanted to know.  Just tested it and it works fine.