Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch screen for RPi 4.

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Touch screen for RPi 4.

I'm going to build a Jukebox using a Raspberry Pi 4, an M.2 disk and a touch screen. Up till now I've never built a project that uses a touch screen only standard LED / LCD ones so I'd appreciate your experiences and recommendations. I'm looking for a capacitive one 7" or larger. 

4 REPLIES 4
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: Touch screen for RPi 4.

Not used one myself.. but going on the same theory as a barcode scanner... I would expect it acts like a normal mouse but you'd need to change the mouse pointer to be one that has no arrow or just a small dot.

As a kid i was fascinated by touuch screens tech (like most lol) but these days i find it a bit of a menace - yes it's great and easy to use but moving a cursor around on a phone screen to delete that one letter that the auto predict put in the wrong place is a pain. I much prefer a full size mouse and keyboard.. bit much on a phone lol but it's still superior

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Mook
Seasoned Champion

Driving the touch screen is the least of my worries as is the norm for me I intend to write the GUI myself. The post's really about a screen's quality, reliability as it will get a lot of use.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

How about a E-Reader screen - got to be cheaper to buy, especially if monochrome.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Mook
Seasoned Champion

That was an option I hadn't considered @VileReynard, but I ended up getting a 7.1" colour HD touch screen.