cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP in Stamford

keggle

FTTP in Stamford

There is a great deal of FTTP activity going on in Stamford (PE9) with other providers getting their systems in place.

When can I expect PN to get their act together and we see an improvement on the current abysmal line speeds?

If nothing is going to happen soon then I can see a mass exodus from PN.

5 REPLIES 5
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: FTTP in Stamford

@keggle 

First thing to confirm is that it's OpenReach putting in the infrastructure and not one of the alternative suppliers. Either of these might confirm. If it's OR then the first will tell you when it's available to order.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/coverage

PlusNet is believed to be close to offering a FTTP service - last semi offical word was a "little later" than late summer. Any number of reasons could delay this. They are however close to rolling out a new router - its appeared on their Help pages.

If FTTP does become available before PlusNet offer it then if you move to BT or EE PlusNet will probably waive any early termination fees if you ask them.

Brian

keggle

Hi Brian,

Many thanks for the info.

I've looked at the BT Broadband Availability Checker for my landline number and in the table Featured Products (2nd row) it shows FTTP on Demand Availability Date as 'Available'  but in the notes below the table it states 'FTTP is not available'. Confusing to say the least!!

I can't confirm that OR are doing anything - although there are lots of OR vans about. I've also seen UPP and Lightspeed vehicles in the area and there are new trenches to poles/manholes plus blue pull through ropes on many poles but I've no idea who has done what.

The OFCOM checker only shows Standard BB available against my postcode. However the link to OR Networks in area on that page opens a form to register interest for Ultrafast Full Fibre which I've completed and I await the response with interest although I wonder how long the wait will be for that!!

I'll update the post when I hear from them.

Cheers,

Ken

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 12

Take a look here : lightspeed broadband  This is not a BT installation so you would have to leave plusnet.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@keggle 

I was going to suggest checking websites of the companies you listed but I've been beaten to it. So you at least know Lightspeed are building.

FTTP on Demand was (is) an expensive product aimed at businesses or those with deep pockets. You would need to see WBC FTTP.

You could check the OpenReach site just in case they are building as well.

https://www.openreach.com/

Brian

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 12

We’re just south of Stamford and have CityFibre running down our road, it seems unlikely any other Company will be allowed to dig up the pavements and roads again.  CityFibre have Vodafone as their ‘preferred’ partner which tends to suggest other suppliers may be invited to join in later.