cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epson printer will not wake up to print .. ??

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Epson printer will not wake up to print .. ??

Jazz it up a bit and it could be funny.Evil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

CinemaDude

Actually everyone seems to be focused on the WiFi aspect, but I can tell you that I am connected via USB and the same problem exists -- the printer goes to sleep on it's own, but sending a print job does not wake it up.  I have to physically turn it back on.  The question really is, is that an error, i.e., is it SUPPOSED to wake up, or it is just designed to require an ON button push?  Maybe Epson has gone more green figuring even a sleeping state consumes energy.  Can anyone confirm if their Epson wakes-up from an automatic shutdown?   I am using an ET-3700.  Maybe it's designed this way. 

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

My Epson inkjet plays nicely and I can go days without printing, send an item and it prints away. My Samsung laser however doesn't like being left alone for more than 2 hours, even though all the "wake up" settings are in place. I have to turn it off and on again in the end, it's the only solution I have found.