Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet extra 60gb not enough

boabness
Dabbler

plusnet extra 60gb not enough

plus net  extra 60gb is not that much in this day and age
with gaming utube web surfing emails updating windows, msm .live streaming. ect
 why do we need fast download speeds if you give us]poor download amounts, pretty pointless is it not . with a 8meg down speed you could use your 60gb in 2 days lol.
we may as well all just go back to the old dial up, because isps are just restricting the speeds and giving us caps on how much we can use
think i will be moving to a new isp
34 REPLIES 34
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: plusnet extra 60gb not enough

I do all you say but use on average 30-40gig a month, peeking at 50 if large game patches are required.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
boabness
Dabbler

do you have kids in the house to doing the same on there laptops and ps3 and 360s ?
TonyC
Grafter

You know your not restricted to 60GB right? You can buy more bandwidth if you need it.
Nothing in Life is Free
boabness
Dabbler

why would i want to pay more ? i think £17.99 is more than enough for what your getting
have a look at talk talk see what your getting there , a lot more than plusnet is giving
smiffyb36
Grafter

If you're paying 17.99 might be worth checking you could even get talktalk at that price as you're a Market 1 exchange by the looks. TT are awful, I wouldn't even try to compare the two. You can use the internet free if you limit the acount at your 60GB but will haver a slower speed for the rest of the month, also remember the free overnight useage. Is worth noting most 'unlimited' packages i've seen are 40 - 60GB generally with the fair useage policies.
boabness
Dabbler

im at  Macdhui Exchange so i could get talk talk with phone for wat im giving plusnet for there bb.
just saying there 60gb is not that great and then they restrict your speeds to dial up if you go over, Good that eh.

zubel
Community Veteran

"oe noes, my mobile contract only comes with 600 minutes a month, but that's not enough in this day and age" -> pay for what you use.
"oe noes, my electricity standing charge doesn't come with any included electricity" -> pay for what you use.
"oe noes, my car won't drive unless I put more fuel in it" -> pay for what you use
"oe noes, my broadband doesn't come with enough allowance" -> get more for free?
hell no.
B.
boabness
Dabbler

Quote from: Barry
"
"oe noes, my broadband doesn't come with enough allowance" -> get more for free?
hell no.
B.

is that right ? try not to rip your customers of then,  how come most other isps are cheaper than plus net ?
and why do plus net tell customers to change to plusnet extra and get better speeds  from what they where already on. but my speed is still the same. i was a plus net unlimited customer now im a plusnet extra customer , now same speed as before and you want to charge me £5 for every 5gb over  who is riping who of hear ?
Alxns
Grafter

Hes not staff btw
also
but Extra is "up to 20mbps" it doesn't mean your line can support that speed it really depends how good your line is and how far you are from the exchange are the main factors.
i just set my spending to £0
yes i get restrictive speeds but at least no charge.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and I am on the Value pack and dont use my 10G and my speed suites me
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

If some people are beginning to think 60gb isn't enough for them what kind of bandwidth allocation would be more reasonable. 10tb is not a reasonable answer BTW Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andybird123
Grafter

Quote from: smiffyb36
Is worth noting most 'unlimited' packages i've seen are 40 - 60GB generally with the fair useage policies.

Absolute rubbish.  BT's fair usage policy is now 300GB.  Be is "truly unlimited".   With Virgin XL you can download 7GB within 10am to 3pm before you get a speed reduction for 5 hours, outside these times it is truly unlimited. With XXL it is truly unlimited all day every day.
These are only the ones I know off the top of my head.
I've recently moved away from Plus Net specifically because the 60gb daytime limit was causing me and my wife issues watching iPlayer / internet TV. (on top of the support / connectivity issues suffered in the 2 months previous also)
If you call PlusNet and tell them you want your MAC code, they might offer you truly unlimited for an extra £5 a month.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

If you call PlusNet and tell them you want your MAC code, they might offer you truly unlimited for an extra £5 a month.

Just for the record, we don't do that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andybird123
Grafter

Clearly I must have imagined it then.