cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

options beyond 60Gb per month?

GrahamC
Grafter

Re: options beyond 60Gb per month?

And when will this be available to those on "Current" packages?
leng
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Right, I'm not sure when we're going to be ready to go live with this and I'd like to stress that it's not a full product refresh, simply an update to a product to allow more usage.
What we're looking at is increasing the usage on the old Plusnet Premium product up to 120GB for the same price point it was previously at (£15.99 or £19.99), it won't be available at signup or in the customer facing account change process as to do this would require significant development work and we wanted to turn this around quickly.
We'll let you know when this is going live and how to move over to it.

Well, I can understand why some would be disappointed by this and it is not ideal, but for a short term stopgap it would probably suit me.  As a result of legacy issues, being in the original FTTC trial etc I'm actually on Premium at 40/10 with 80Gb usage.  Mostly this is a sweet deal but my monthly usage is erratic - it is amazing how much bandwidth the children of visiting relatives can work through as well as the number and variety of viruses, biological and cybernetic, that they can introduce.  The upshot is that I've run over limit a couple of times to considerable expense.  Having the 120Gb limit would save me end-of-month stress and allow me to use the built in iPlayer on my new TV occasionally.  I'm assuming, of course, that I would be eligable for this offer.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

An obvious, but not asked, question - will the Pro add on be available with this package
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

quick reply as I'm on a phone in a forest in northumberland.
Yes, you get the increase if you are on premium currently.
Yes, I think, you can add pro.
(i've been out of the office for 3 days though, so they above might have changed)
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Mark
Grafter

Yip. Pro add on was confirmed yesterday.
Good skills Kelly and impressive signal despite the trees Smiley
M
The_10th
Grafter

@Chris - I assume that the price points are still fixed for their previous market bands - i.e. only Market 3 exchanges get the lower price and Markets 1 and 2 pay the higher price (unlike the current products which allow the same price for Market 2 and 3 exchanges)?
Also, on the face of it the traffic shaping overall looks better than for the Extra Fibre package but this is making an assumption it is open to Fibre customers such as those on trials etc?
Given that 'Pro' can be added to this legacy product can it too be added to other legacy products too for those that may be interested?
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I am in a similar situation as my daughter is in Management in the British Heart Foundation and she is constantly on the internet downloading stuff and streaming and this eats into my 80 gig allowance and i have to monitor my usage which is also quite considerable and as happened this month i went 0.06 over my 80 gig and it cost me a fiver. So this month my cost is £25.99 which is not cheap in todays marketplace i am just loathed to move as i get such a good service at PN .I am sure a while back PN offered unlimited unless i was dreaming.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Why don't you set a usage limit as you can always raise it if needed https://portal.plus.net/data_transfer_watch/
Set the Maximum Extra Monthly Spend to zero
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for that ive been with PN for many years and didnt know i could do that..Many Thanks
dsw
Grafter

So if I have understood correctly it's looking like there will be the option for existing customers to get 120GB usage for £15.99 a month, as opposed to the current charge of £11.49 for 60GB usage? Is that right?
Kelly
Hero

I believe so... If you are in the market 3 exchanges and getting extra for £11.49.
Kelly Dorset
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

But if you are on a Market 1 exchange - bad luck!!!! Cry
Kelly
Hero

You can get the usage increase, but you'll be getting it at the market 1 price. 
Kelly Dorset
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Quote from: Kelly
I believe so... If you are in the market 3 exchanges and getting extra for £11.49.

Out of curiosity, what would those of us on a Market 2 exchange pay?
The_10th
Grafter

Had asked that too but no reply yet. From previous responses it's my understanding that they only offer the lower price to market 2 exchanges for current products but hopefully plusnet can address this and my other q on other page when back tomorrow?