cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet slow for weeks, 42 minute wait for online chat this evening and then told nobody available

firefly2327

internet slow for weeks, 42 minute wait for online chat this evening and then told nobody available

42 minutes wasted - won't be trying that again42 minutes wasted - won't be trying that again

After waiting patiently for the last few weeks for some normality to return to my usual super efficient broadband, responded to an email from PlusNet about a week ago informing of a rate increase for line rental. I mentioned that their increase and purported improvement in service was, in my case, definitely false. Can't watch a video without it freezing literally every 3-5 seconds, I get disconnected from the service repeatedly. Not device specific either as I've tried it on new laptop, old laptops and mobile, same effects. Apparently the email address I replied to may not actually accept replies....

Logged on to online chat this evening at 21:47. I was #20 in queue. Waited patiently, and waited and waited. Seemed to be stuck on #8 for an age when at 22:29 the new message stated "There are currently no agents available to chat. Please try again soon". Nearly and hour of my life wasted. Thanks PlusNet. Customer service stinks.

2 REPLIES 2
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: internet slow for weeks, 42 minute wait for online chat this evening and then told nobody availa

Chat and phone support for broadband issues are supposed to end at 10pm.

https://www.plus.net/help/chat/

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: internet slow for weeks, 42 minute wait for online chat this evening and then told nobody availa

Sorry to hear about the experience you've had.

Our tests are showing your connection is dropping frequently as you can see from the graph below

image14997716673877

This has caused your speeds to be restricted as the exchange does this to try and stabilise your connection.

I can see we sent you some checks to carry out. Have you managed to do these?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team