cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Issues with activating account after fibre upgrade

tonybell31

Warning - see my experience hereunder:

On 26th June I contacted Plusnet to upgrade my broadband to fibre. I was informed that my fibre broadband would be active between ten and twelve days time from 26th June i.e. between 6th & 8th July.

Upon receiving in the mail my new Plusnet fibre router last week I called Plusnet to enquire if I had to wait for the fibre service to go active before setting up the new router. The Plusnet operative informed me that I had to wait until my fibre broadband was active which upon checking he informed me that it was due to go active on 4th July.

Accordingly on 3rd July I received an email from Plusnet confirming that my “broadband product change is now complete”.

On 4th July I tried to set up the new fibre broadband router but despite many attempts I had no success. Accordingly I called Plusnet who advised me to wait until midnight when it would be active. In consequence I had to postpone a technician who was delivering to me that evening a new TV tuner compatible with fibre broadband.

On 5th July I again tried to set up the new fibre broadband router and again despite many attempts I had no success. Accordingly I again called Plusnet who informed me that my order had not in fact been processed and that my fibre broadband would not now be active until five or seven days from then. I naturally complained vehemently, following which she somehow mysteriously managed to connect my fibre router. I thanked her as now I could watch the match on Saturday (8th) with fibre broadband as I had postponed the visit of my aforementioned technician to the evening of 6th July in order to connect the new tuner.

On the morning of 6th July I checked my broadband speed using the Which speed checker. To my surprise the speed only showed as 7mb/sec and so I contacted Plusnet and was shocked to be now informed that my fibre broadband service will not now be available until 18th July as a BT technician was not available until then!

Absolutely disgraceful service and awful communications. I have written to CEO Any Baker and will be submitting claim for compensation for damages e.g. three postponements of visit of my TV tuner technician (4th, 5th & 6th July) , complete absence of any broadband on 4th July and inordinate waste of time! 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title to reflect issue.

6 REPLIES 6
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Split from original thread and title changed to reflect the issue.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear of your poor experience.

I've reviewed your account, and it looks like your fibre order wasn't placed automatically when you decided to upgrade your service. Apologies for the confusion caused when you called our support team following the supposed activation date.

I can see the order is in place now. Many apologies for the delay.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Gandalf    This problem seems to be occuring more frequently of late.  Is there a pattern behind these "Failed to order" episodes that can be fixed?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It looks like it failed in this instance, because there was already an open order on the line. The service was in the process of being moved to the new network.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Gandalf,

In which case it sounds very like another case I flagged yesterday.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

A similar case, I've fed that back anyway.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet