cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fiber Moving home, what anabsolute farse.

simonb1
Grafter

fiber Moving home, what anabsolute farse.

Bought a new house and request a fibre/phone move on the 13th of July requesting a PM apointment on 24th July PM (as you obviously dont get keys till after midday when solicitors have done their stuff (told it would require a BT engineer visit on the day)
Received a very warm "no problem " over the phone and an email "sort of confirming"....
""
Michael ********** - Sales & COT Analyst
6:18pm, Monday 13 Jul 2015
Dear Mr bucknell,
Thank you for calling in today and requesting a house-move. The information below is what we will use to stay in contact with you and to place your order for the move of service.
Please if you get a chance can you check and confirm the details below.
If anything is incorrect please ensure you let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure everything is completed without problems.
New Address: **************************************
Keep existing number: Yes
Move date: 24/07/15
Cease date: 24/07/15
Contact Number: **************
Your estimated speed is: 40 Mbps

Broadband Package/Price: Unlimited broadband @ £6.50 per month for 24 months then £9.99 per month thereafter[/font]
Phone Package/Price: Line Rental with free Evening & Weekend calls @ £15.95 per month
Line status at new property: Stopped Line (WLR3 checked)
Preferred Appointment Slot (If Required) : [font=Verdana]1PM - 6PM on 24/07/15

SIM Provide Required? Yes
Line Activation Cost: Waived
New Router Required? No
Contract Length: 24 Month (Explained and Agreed)
Monthly Cancellation Costs After Move: £6.20 per month remaining on the broadband contract and £5.35 per month remaining on the phone contract
Your new 24 month contract starts on the day that either your phone or broadband service is activated (whichever happens first) and your new package starts on 10/08/15. Should you need to cancel the house move and/or if you were to cancel your account at this stage, the cancellation cost would be: £30 cessation fee.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone to the order updates team on 0800 432 0200 by choosing option 3,then option 1,then option 1.
>>>>>>>>
I should have hesitated at the "cost" described in the above email...... however.
asked for a follow up 3 days ago "no reply"

I received a text from Plusnet today "22nd eleventh hour"stating that this was confirmed for the 24th but would take place between 9 am and 1 PM (before I get the Keys to the new house)
When I questioned this and asked what could be done, this was the reply and email (great customer service recieved) that I got in reply
>>>>>>

Hello simon,
Account username: simon********
Our Support Team have opened Question 107900864 to track an issue on your account.

Dear Mr bucknell,
This is to confirm, I have arranged for your account to be closed.
I have not taken the final fees, therefore they will remain outstanding.

The total amount outstanding is broken down as follows:
£30.00 Cessation Charge

If we have not received payment by the above date, the balance will be sent to a third party Debt Recovery agency.

.............What above date, you haven't put one.............
Please call our Customer Support Team on 0800 432 0200.
internal
Account scheduled for cancellation. If this amount has not been paid by the above date please send to DR.
Kind regards,
Sam ************

Wow crack on plusnet, your coing to take me to court for £30, for your own F*** up
Great customer service.
_______
I can get basic Virgin fiber installed (50mb) on the 27th am for £28 with no Phone commitment...... cummon Plusnet dont scare you existing customers away...

Update 23/7
The farce gets worse:-

Hello simon,
Account username: simon**********
We can't answer Question 107900864 at the moment.
We've placed it on hold until Monday 27th July 2015. Please see the comment shown below for more information.

[INTERNAL]
Monitor for account cancellation and Ticket: 107910894.

This Question is now on hold until Monday 27th July at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
Jade *******

What happens next?

Our Support Team will review and update this Question on or after the above date.
Until then you can review this Question in full on our website.

-------------------------------------
Sort yourselves out plusnet for crying out loud.

6 REPLIES 6
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: fiber Moving home, what anabsolute farse.

Hi simonb1,
I'm sorry that we couldn't get the original agreed date for you.
Quote from: simonb1

When I questioned this and asked what could be done, this was the reply and email (great customer service recieved) that I got in reply
Hello simon,
Account username: simon********
Our Support Team have opened Question 107900864 to track an issue on your account.

Dear Mr bucknell,
This is to confirm, I have arranged for your account to be closed.

I understand that the cancellation was sent to you following a phone call with one of our managers in the Customer Options Team, where it was eventually agreed that you were going to cancel your account.
As it stands, I would still be happy to personally deal with your order based on the original deal, but as it stands your account is scheduled for cancellation.
Apologies for the confusion and I hope this clarifies.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
simonb1
Grafter

Thanks for the offer but Ive given up with Plusnet and have arranged Virgin to instal on Monday, can you clarify that there wont be a £30 cessation charge for something that didn't even commence ?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

The cessation charge is in place if we need to cease the services from your old property. This will be the case, so it will apply.
Sorry to hear that you're leaving though, wishing you all the best with VM  Smiley
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
simonb1
Grafter

Thanks MattyC
It was a toss up between Virgin and BT who where falling over themselves to gain my custom. As a matter of interest BT (who own Plusnet) managed to offer a switch on date of 31/7/15, equipment posted and NO engineer needs to visit the property. Quite why Plusnet make you wait  2 weeks and need to send an engineer is beyond me ?
Regards.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: simonb1
As a matter of interest BT (who own Plusnet) managed to offer a switch on date of 31/7/15, equipment posted and NO engineer needs to visit the property. Quite why Plusnet make you wait  2 weeks and need to send an engineer is beyond me ?

The need for no engineer visit is likely to be down to ( a ) BT Retail are now using a combined VDSL modem/router or ( b ) BT Retail have some how identified that the premises already has had fibre and therefore requires no internal works.  ( b ) would suggest that BT Retail have access to "insider" BT Wholesale or BT Openreach information not available to other ISPs.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Estragon
Rising Star

All BT Consumer FTTC supply now defaults to self-install. No engineer visit.