Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer options

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

customer options

so is it customer options i need to speak to with regards to see what offers they can make for upgrading from ADSL to FTTC?
and if it is, do they only do it over the phone and not the online chat or ticket or email?
i have no desire to do any of it over the phone.
i've already got an offer from another ISP which was all done via email (from an individual agent as well!).
so if plusnet can't do that then it'll be sayonara.
27 REPLIES 27
AndyH
Grafter

Re: customer options

Telephone only.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Hi chenks76
Yes its is customer options you need to speak to , and it can only be done over the phone.
Kind regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chenks76
All Star

well that makes the decision then.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

If it's mainly the fact that you don't want to hang around on the phone then I suggest ringing shortly after they open at 08:00. I called last week around that time, was all prepared for the wait, put the phone on speaker and was just turning down the speaker volume ( to avoid the load music! ) and they answered!!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chenks76
All Star

no, it's mainly the fact that it's easier, quicker, and more importantly better for evidential purposes to deal with it via email.
the other ISP i spoke to was more than happy to do everything via email.
if, for example, i was hard of hearing or had speech issues, how would plusnet deal with that? (i don't, but it's a valid point).
kelvin
Grafter

Can you give any hints you are moving to? Are they able to deal with other issues/faults by email/non telephone methods?
chenks76
All Star

Origin
Preacherlady
Grafter

I am hard of hearing so on Plusnet I would use Live Chat, but yesterday as had no internet used my mobile phone as cannot hear on landline.  My mobile phone is a Doro and is extra loud and comes with earphones which means that if I explain I have hearing problems the adviser is audible.  I found yesterday the lady I spoke to was very clear.  Mind you I had a heck of a long time waiting to get through!
It was not the case with previous internet provider as on phone I could not hear the options when I rang, and the advisers usually did not speak good English unfortunately so very difficult.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@chenks76
Just something you might want to confirm with Origin, I have read that their own network is only local to Yorkshire and in other areas they re-sell a plusnet service, that probably isn't what you want. Sad
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

chenks76
All Star

i could post numerous threads about Plusnet.
i think we are both aware that we don't judge a company based on forum posts alone as they always skew towards the negative (people rarely post to say everything is OK).
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

fully agree
there was another one about SSE broadband with a similar problem
but I just thought I would mention it as the speeds given seem to indicate that it isn't the Plusnet resold product so I wonder if they are hitting a backhaul capacity problem
richardg8jvm
Dabbler

Reading thru a lot of the comment that are posted about PN service and my experience, I can see why there are so many that are negative.
Tech support is awful , it was only after a call to retentions anything was done, and that was not 100% satisfactory.
They seem to recruit used car salesperson for sales, the truth being the very rare comodity.
Tech support dont listen as they are not trained or properly qualified for the job
the list continues.
And support for equipment they supply is non-existant, maybe if they spent some of the money they use on advertising on getting things right,
they would end up getting less flack from dissatisfied customers.
It seems the only options that customers have is to leave and take their custom elsewhere,
I have yet to find any department in PN fit for purpose
Richard  ,,,very miffed
richardg8jvm
Dabbler

So miffed I rang options and asked to leave because of all the problems, I just got stuck on hold and transfered to tech support after waiting
another 35 mins.
Why is there not a smiley with steam venting from the ears