Re: customer options

YES YES YES
that sums it up beatifully Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Now, where have I seen that before  Tongue Grin
Just so anyone knows, the Customer Options number is a separate one as per Jim's sig and there aren't usually the same long waits. There aren't always the same good offers as being offered to new customers either Shocked Lips_are_sealed
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

just for clarity, it's not the wait time or lack of it that is the problem for me.
it's just using the phone as the ONLY option that is the problem.
it's much easier, for me, to deal with this via email, where i have a documented trail of what was said to who and when it was said.
thankfully there are ISPs who are more than happy to deal with such things electronically. plusnet are no longer one of those ISPs.
they are now too busy giving away free internet competing with other ISPs that they really shouldn't be trying to compete with.
the days of having a modern customer support team are long gone from here.
Anotherone
Champion

The advantage of the phone is that you can haggle Roll_eyes
chenks76
All Star

can haggle via email too.
and you have written evidence of it as well  Cool
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

It was possible to haggle via private messaging on Moneysavingexpert prior to Madasafish being taken over by PN.
There was a MAAF rep. on that forum and it was possible to haggle a new deal, as said, with her, by messaging. All in writing and could be referred to if necessary. Smiley
I don't mind 'phoning to negotiate but some people prefer not to and would rather it be by writing to avoid the person to person contact.
Anotherone
Champion

When you phone up, the offer they make you is put on a ticket. So you have the ticket as a record and an email telling you about the ticket with the detail from it Roll_eyes
chenks76
All Star

the ticket system that no-one can access any more?
anyway as i said, i found an ISP that was more than happy to conduct business via any method i found most suitable.
Anotherone
Champion

Of course you can access it, you just can't create new ones for certain (the great majority of) topics. If you nip to specsavers you'll spot the links in my sig Roll_eyes
chenks76
All Star

still requires me having to phone them though.
something i won't be doing. they were happy enough for me to sign up as a new customer 2 years ago without ever speaking to them on the phone.
now when it comes to asking them what they can offer me to make me stay as a customer i have to phone them.
maybe they should phone me! assuming they actually want to keep getting the money i pay them every month.
Anotherone
Champion

They're probably glad to get rid of troublemakers like you and I  Tongue Grin
chenks76
All Star

they're too busy replacing paying customers with customers who are getting 18 months worth of internet for free.