cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

constant disconnection problems / web dropping out

GD
Dabbler

constant disconnection problems / web dropping out

Hi all - are any other customers having this problem?  Only been with Plusnet a month or so and we're having constant dropout - sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes nearly an hour!  The broadband service from Plusnet is TERRIBLE.
Customer service is a joke, as I've been reading on this forum from other customers, where others are saying what I'm finding - everyone is very very friendly but kind of clueless!  When I complain by raising an 'online ticket' I get stupid replies saying all is ok now and dealt with - without actually answering my questions I've asked!!  Then they want you to complete a survey!
After much complaining I've been given over £100 compensation now - so would suggest others to keep complaining and DO NOT agree to low compensation offers of £20 or £30 and the like.
Plusnet clearly know they have problems, I've been told as much, but I'm not sure they're actually addressing them.
If they spent as much money as they do on their TV advertising as employing and training staff and building a decent infrastructure, they'd be great.  When I've questioned the support staff, I'm told there's often only up to 5 or 6 people in the centres answering the phones!!  No wonder it takes forever to speak to anyone!!!
Depending on how the next couple of months go - I'll either be staying with or leaving Plusnet and going elsewhere, I don't care one bit about their 12 month contract (as I've told them) and they've agreed to let me go.  As far as I'm concerned, they're constantly breaching their contract with many of their customers all the time (especially with customer service) and you should NOT put up with it.

8 REPLIES 8
flexo1966
Grafter

Re: constant disconnection problems / web dropping out

I'm trying to leave at the minute but to no avail. They have there claws in me and are not going to let go. I was given £31 compo, as far as I'm concerned a complete joke, just like this company.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@GD,
Looking at your other posts, I cannot find any request for help through the forums, nor information / evidence supplied which would enable help to be offered.  Are you here looking for help?
Your reference to the connection being down repeatedly and also for hours really does sound like BTOR network issues especially over the last week or so.  Have you seen this - http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1408748207.htm - and this - http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=adsldial ?
Such matters have caused services to be disconnected for an hour or more and such issues are beyond PlusNet's control.
Indeed you would more that likely be faced with exactly the same issues with a different ISP as aside from Virgin Media (who use their own local access circuits).  All other ISPs use the same BTOR infrastructure to the exchange.  Some LLU ISPs use different in-exchange equipment, but the local copper wires (the location of most disconnection and speed problems) are the same as what you already have.
If you would like help from the forum support community please post the data requested in the "speed issues" thread under the broadband forum.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: GD
If they spent as much money as they do on their TV advertising as employing and training staff and building a decent infrastructure, they'd be great. 

I cannot disagree about the current lack of support staff but if you are experiencing constant drop-outs and disconnections then the bad bit of infrastructure is almost certainly in your house or in the telephone exchange or, most probably, somewhere in between.  That bit of Infrastructure is not owned by Plusnet and they could not modify or replace it, even if they wanted to. 
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi GD,
I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with your connection.
I can see that this is being personally monitored by a fault advisor on Ticket: 90057633 and also by a manager in our Technical Support team on Ticket: 90059388
I've had a look over your connection and this has remained stable in the past 48 hours. Please add any further information on the tickets on your account.
GD
Dabbler

makes me laugh the comments people make  Cheesy  ...this is why i never really post in forums, as they're usually full of people - troll types usually - making stupid comments.
@Townman - I never said our connection was down for hours, please read more carefully.
@ReedRichards - "decent infrastructure" refers to their company, not BT's cable infrastructure under our streets you fool !  ie - customer service issues...
And yes, thank you @ Linn K, things are beling dealt with now.  My posting was for people like @flexo1966 about standing up for yourself in terms of compensation, and don't let Plusnet fob you off.
These are FORUMS guys, so if you have NOTHING to constructively add or say, or whine about if you're in a similar situation, then SIMPLY DON'T POST.  Just get lost and troll elsewhere like Twitter.  As I said, this is why I generally never post in places like this because of people like @Townman and @ReedRichards - they help no one.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

...this is why i never really post in forums, as they're usually full of people - troll types usually - making stupid comments.

Well not full but you do come across a few of them, GD.  You fooled me initially by implying that you wanted some help with a problem - but clearly you don't.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@RR
+1 - some people seem to not want help at all and just proceed to be rude when it is offered.
@GD
@Townman - I never said our connection was down for hours, please read more carefully.

I read very carefully before posting...
we're having constant dropout - sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes nearly an hour!

That I read as repeated dropouts lasting up to an hour which in plain English is "hours" and at the time you posted, that day and the days previous there had been repeated BT nationwide issues which would have caused the exact symptoms you described.  In the absence of you sharing any other details of your issue, that was a valid suggestion of what might have been causing your issues.
The rest of your offensive comments (RR is no fool) I will ignore.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I thought he needed some help too when reading the post title, and the reading the first line - Hi all - are any other customers having this problem?
Well GD, there are individual customers out there do have problems like that mostly due to their telephone line quality as already explained above, but they are a very small fraction of the 740,000+ customer base. So posts from you and similar individuals who just want to rant are in a small minority.
Granted, the Customer Service Call Centre answer times and ticket response times have been abysmal lately and we have all been complaining about that, as well as the need to cut the advertising until they catch up with the backlog of issues.
Also I really suspect Openreach are still playing catch up as a result of http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1406132089.htm
......makes me laugh the comments people make   Cheesy   ...this is why i never really post in forums, as they're usually full of people - troll types usually - making stupid comments.
..............My posting was for people like @flexo1966 about standing up for yourself in terms of compensation, and don't let Plusnet fob you off.

You've hit the nail on the head there with your first comment. What flexo1966 fails to mention here is that he's constantly said he doesn't want any compensation
Quote from: flexo1966
I don't want compensation, I don't freebies I just want to leave ...........

and this despite the fact that he been told exactly how to claim that to which he is entitled.
...this is why i never really post in forums, as they're usually full of people - troll types usually - making stupid comments.....

and we certainly encounter the occasional one on here.
If you actually read this forum,you'd realise that is actually full of people with engineering & technical qualifications, IT people and some that work in the industry and they spend a bit of time here helping other customers with their problems.
The people you've already made offensive remarks about are just a fraction of them. I suggest you also read this in the Forum Rules
So we've noted your comments, and when you want real help, I expect we'll just think you as one of the people you accuse others of being.