cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alternative to plusnet

chris2pher

alternative to plusnet

can anybody suggest an alternative to plusnet?
6 REPLIES 6
sjptd
Grafter

Re: alternative to plusnet

You have probably considered it already, but Thinkbroadband is probably a better place to look than the (often biased) opinions you will find here.  http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/compare.html
Of course, the opinions there will be biased too, but much less so.  It still looks that as if you have to pay considerably more for an ISP with higher customer rating. 
x47c
Grafter

You want a superb service from an ISP that will fight your corner of your behalf against BTOR on faults etc then try AAISP.
What you won't like of course is their high prices - as such a service inevitability comes with a heavy cost attached which has to be passed on to the customers.
picbits
Rising Star

As above - if I was to move from PN then I would probably move to AAISP as they are one of the few alternative providers who would give me the kind of package I'd need.
Comparing the two price wise, I pay around £20 a month for Plusnet but on AAISP based on last months usage  I would be paying an eye watering £342 a month  .....
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Chris,
Welcome to the forums and PlusNet.
If your question is in relation to no phone and broadband for 8 days then swapping ISPs is not going to help you.  You appear to have a problem with your BT Openreach owned and managed circuit, which is awaiting their attention.  PlusNet sadly has no (or will not try to have) influence over the conduct and proficiency of BT Openreach.
Given that your problem is down to the copper access network, changing ISPs is not going to help you.  It seems that - for whatever reason - you had something of a delay reporting the problem.  PlusNet provide the means of reporting phone faults on-line - see the link below.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hopefully the fault will be resolved at the estimated time tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

In fact, I've just double checked and we've been advised the fault was cleared yesterday. Can you let us know if you're still having problems?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.