cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You do not make us proud !!

forevermum

You do not make us proud !!

Tina Nudd plusnet certainly DO NOT do us proud, we have been without a wireless connection since thursday night due their faulty equipment??? This is the third router we have ahd to have now and i am getting very annoyed and upset that we are having sit by our front door with the ethernet cable to enable us to get onto the internet, we have been waiting since friday for the router , still not here................ my daughter is taking her exams and needs to revise and because of the lack of service is unable to do so, this is her most important time and plusnet definately do not deliver what they say. Our connection since january has dropped out on numerous occasions and as i mentioned we are now waiting for yet another router because the wireless side has broken down. We are paying full price for a service that we are not getting 100% back, we had no problems with Sky last year and i think you really need to sort out your customer service and your equipment as we were promised this today???? We will now consider cancelling our contract and will not pay any fees due to the lack of service and faulty equipment. tinanuddd
15 REPLIES 15
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: You do not make us proud !!

Hi there,
I'm sorry to say that the router wasn't sent out on the Friday afternoon and will most likely be dispatched today due to the bank holiday weekend. Really sorry to hear that the current one isn't working, the replacement should ideally be with you tomorrow though it could be Thursday - they're dispatched via Royal Mail first class so shouldn't take too much longer.
zippyzappy
Grafter

Eh????? You've had three routers and are now waiting for a fourth ................ that sounds very odd indeed .............. you sure the routers are not working???? Smiley
gswindale
Grafter

To be honest; this sounds more like there is some form of interference if 3+ routers are all failing on the wireless.
Can any of your devices see multiple wireless networks?  I would suggest taking a look at something like http://stumbler.net/ and running the application to see if your PN wireless is broadcasting on the same channel as other networks in the vicinity.
For instance if you're living in a terraced house with your router on one side of the house; your laptop on the other and next door with their router up against the same wall; then there is a possibility that the signal from next door would be greater meaning that if your networks are both using the same channel you would not be able to connect very well to your network.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Are you on Fibre or ADSL there forevermum? I have to say this is very odd that even in the hallway your wireless is not working and you have to use an ethernet cable. I presume that this is a laptop? Have you checked say around a friend or neighbour that it gets a wireless signal there OK?
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

sorry  to say this  Embarrassed but after several post,s here and i have no doubt that the PN router does work for some people ,, but it looks like that its time for PN to look at another router as obviously the technicolor is causing a lot of bad feelings .
although i am lucky and dont use one , its giving PN a bad name  Embarrassed
sorry PN 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

rongtw, whilst a number of people have found it's wireless performance somewhat lacking, many have found it satisfactory giving adequate signal strength for thier needs.
The point in this particular case is that forevermum has said that they've had to use an Ethernet connection in the hall implying that the wireless doesn't work even in the hall. Well frankly, I don't believe 3 modem/routers have a fault like that, there is something else afoot. If it really turned out to be 3 faulty modem/routers then Plusnet must tell Thoimson to identify the faulty Batch(es) and provide replacements for Plusnet to issue to all its customers that have had one from the said batch(es).
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

You guys know more than I :), but if forevermum was with another ISP prior to PN, could she try the old ISP's router with PN details?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

lucerne, firstly the OP indicates that she was with Sky previously -to change log on details on a Sky supplied router would require a hack,which I suspect, would be beyond her.
Secondly she hasn't been back since last Tuesday afternoon -presumably the "new" router is working. Wink
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Sorweeey, must learn to read Embarrassed
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@forevermum
Hi there, I'm not sure you'll see this reply as it seems to be resolved now.
As per my reply to your message on facebook the issue seems to be that your devices will only connect to our router via WEP rather than the more commonly used WPA standard. I understand that we've talked you through setting the router back to WEP and that you can connect fine now.
Let me know if you have any other concerns.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: davidj60
She hasn't been back since last Tuesday afternoon -presumably the "new" router is working. Wink

Or alternatively she's been down the library getting text books to help her daughter revise  Grin
davidj66
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

As per my reply to your message on facebook the issue seems to be that your devices will only connect to our router via WEP rather than the more commonly used WPA standard. I understand that we've talked you through setting the router back to WEP and that you can connect fine now.

...seems a bit hairy and also a bit unusual - most of my home kit is getting a bit long in the tooth -but it all supports WPA if not WPA2 -HOW OLD is the kit the OP is using ? Wonder if C/Services explained how insecure WEP now is?? Sad
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Could be something like a Nintendo ds, theses will only connect to a wep access point. Dsi's will allow wpa for surfing but not gaming...
Would be nice for the op to reply and say that it was resolved satisfactorily in the end..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
w23
Pro

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.