Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing in with a complaint

FIXED
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Writing in with a complaint

If we wish to make a formal complaint we are asked to write in sending the letter 'Royal Mail Signed For'. This I have done along with the added expense of doing so yet the reply I get is via an email from the head of customer services. What's all that about? 

Add to that the fact that the details of my complaint was not even acknowledged, just another apology offered, along with suggestion that I contact  CISIS the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme - which I will now do of course. 

It may well be of course that the email I received has nothing whatever to do with the letter I sent as it does not refer to it by date or it's reference - in which case I'm even more confused.

Not good practice guys, not good at all.

Just to add, I tried replying to the email and surprise surprise, it got bounced back. Automated responses, don't cha just love em!

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
14 REPLIES 14
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Writing in with a complaint

Looking at your account we don't appear to have received a letter from you yet. The email you have received was sent due to an open ticket on your account that is currently flagged as a complaint.

When we receive complaint letters, we put a copy of the letter on the account acknowledging receipt of the letter. Our complaints team would then respond via letter and also put a copy of their letter response on the account. Unless advised by the customer that their response over the phone/ticket on the account is enough and asked not to send the same response via letter also.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Minivanman
Legend

Thanks for the reply Harry, I guess my confusion was generated because I had written in as asked, and that it was the first time in all of the six months I have been communicating with plusnet I had ever received a 'signed' letter from the head of customer services but even so, it still failed to address my specific complaint which was the failure to refund my line rental charge where one had been refunded previously - and for the same reason.

Fobbed off? It does seem like it at times and quite honestly repeated apologies become meaningless after a while as I am sure you will agree. What else can plusnet do I hear you ask, perhaps they could start by giving British Telecom a swift kick up the derrière. 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

one wonders, with all the problems you've had, why you reversed the decision to leave plusnet?
one would think you could do without the hassles that being a plusnet customer gives you.
Minivanman
Legend

Again you are reading what you want to read 

Herman Melville
chenks76
All Star

i refer you to your thread - https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/So-long-farewell-Auf-Weidersehen-goodbye/m-p/1356050#...

didn't think that was reading anything into anything when you said that you were off.
you clearly said you were going to give notice to leave.

however, it's still a valid question really.
as plusnet does seem to give you a lot of grief, one wonders why you continue to put up with it.
Minivanman
Legend

Guess I'll leave you to interpret and wonder. Crazy2

Herman Melville
chenks76
All Star

yes because

After six months and with engineer number number ten or eleven (or is it twelve) due to arrive later this morning, it's time to move on I think. Will they be able to finally resolve my über slow download speed? I very much doubt it, so on that expectation I will be giving notice to quit and will be asking for a refund for a service not had and for one I will not be getting for the next month.  It may well be of course that I will still have issues with another ISP, but it cannot be any worse than those I have been getting since the beginning of last March.

Your time and effort in this matter is appreciated plusnet, it's just unfortunate for the both of us that British Telecom are unable for whatever reason to fix the problem. You will no doubt have your own arrangement to recover any costs from them.

Ciao

clearly needs a lot of interpretation.

can you not even answer the question i asked? (i notice you do that a lot when a direct question is asked, you often avoid and misdirect). for an ISP that does give you a lot of grief, which you voice a lot on here, one wonders why you put up with it. surely you would like a much easier life where you didn't have those problems. the fact that you have submitted several complaints (including one in writing) clearly shows there are problems causing you grief.

Minivanman
Legend

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fifth%20column

Herman Melville
chenks76
All Star

Minivanman
Legend

Whatever.

Herman Melville
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I trust that this little diversion has now ended Knuppel

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
chenks76
All Star

i guess it is.
it's hard to have intelligent debate with someone that never answers any questions.
it's the boris mentality. shout loudly then run away when challenged
Minivanman
Legend

Oh I hope so, I really do.Crazy2

Herman Melville
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Fix

Allow me to offer a more permanent solution.

This topic is now locked as it's going nowhere fast.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine