cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Support I ever had from an ISP.

kistell

Worst Support I ever had from an ISP.

Just wanted to give you some feedback, I swapped over from Sky last October and since I joined my speeds were lower and I have been plagued with constant disconnections from the internet, sometimes up to 3 times a day.
The only way to fix it every time was to reboot the router its self. I have contacted customer support on numerous occasions and complained and told them that I suspect there is an issue with the modem/router supplied, every single time they did a line check and informed me it was fine and that it may be a wireless issue, even though 3 of my 5 devices are hard wired with Cat5 cable.
I have been constantly fobbed off and told there is no problem, In the end I gave up altogether with support, sick of all the spin and excuses and bought a new Netgear router, since then I have had zero drop outs and my speeds have increased.
This is the first router I have had to buy myself since my old US robotics dial up modem, every other ISP I have dealt with in the past has been on the ball with replacing modems/routers if there was a fault.
Plusnet really are in a class of their own when it comes to making excuses and fobbing off its customers, I can say with 100% fact as soon as my contract is over I will be switching providers, I will also be informing everyone I know to stay well clear, I can only imagine for many people who are not tech savvy that they would have just accepted it and put up and shut up.
Having to pay to fix my own issues from a service provided from Plusnet is not the sort of quality service you boast about, this is one customer you have lost in the future and I will be letting everyone know.
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Worst Support I ever had from an ISP.

Hi kistell,
Welcome to the forums.
It is quite possible that the symptoms you describe could have been down to a number of things, but without the right information (as described in the speed issues thread) at the time of the problem all comments on what it might have been or might not have been is pure speculation.
Quote from: kistell
... every other ISP I have dealt with in the past has been on the ball with replacing modems/routers if there was a fault..

Seems like you've had a number of routers replaced in that past - either you have been extremely unlucky ... or your problem is something else - that is not the router.
Posting the information requested in the speed issues thread will inform if your line is performing to expectations and if not, what might be the cause.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kistell

Re: Worst Support I ever had from an ISP.

First of all I`ll give you some back ground, I had BT home in early 2000, then I swapped to BT business for 12 months down to traffic shaping, my business modem was faulty and replaced straight away, I then moved to BE internet they were the best ISP I have ever had their technical support were spot on and knew exactly what they were doing, I had a bonded line and an issue with an old modem I had from them after 5 years, this was swapped. unfortunately BE were sold on to sky so reluctantly I took sky, but in my surprise they were really good zero issues for 2 years but my offer ran out so I tried Plusnet last year, they have been the worst ISP I have dealt with. I cant get to speak to anyone one  who knows what they are talking about.  ( 2 modems in 15 years)
Like your self I have worked in IT for the past 23 years so im tech savvy and know when a router is faulty, so no need to post on here. I explained in full to online chat and emailed the full details of the faults and why I thought it was the router at fault. I have now proved the router was faulty at  my expense despite  plus net claiming there was never any fault.
As for this forum I only came to give my feed back.