cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get the call back?

mikeonforum
Dabbler

Will I get the call back?

After getting my youview+ box actually ordered today (after a week of chat discussions and calls I eventually spoke to someone who actually realised that there was no order and was able to put me through to someone to make that happen). I have asked for someone to call me back to discuss. I've been waiting at least an hour now. Will I get the call? The clock is ticking...
21 REPLIES 21
mikeonforum
Dabbler

Re: Will I get the call back?

Clock still ticking..
mikeonforum
Dabbler

I have a mail stating that my box was ordered at 1:53. So I've been waiting nearly two hours now. I might have to leave the phone unattended some time soon.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Looking at the notes on the account I can't see any mention of a call back being agreed.
Can I ask what this was to discuss?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mikeonforum
Dabbler

Hi Harry,
I was told by the guy who eventually raised the order for my box that 'my manager is in a meeting and will call you when they get back'. The reason I wanted to speak to somebody was to feedback my frustration at what appears to be a gap in knowledge and communication between the plusnet and tv parts of the business in the hope that the process could run more smoothly in future.
If there has to be a job for a call back then, sadly, we have another small failure in the system as that job was not raised.
mikeonforum
Dabbler

Three hours sitting by the phone, contemplating how good plusnet service used to be and lamenting it's steady decline.
Not surprised but still disappointed.
mikeonforum
Dabbler

Waiting for four hours.
mikeonforum
Dabbler

Finally conceded and rang customer service again.
Denied access to a manager to discuss the failings in the process. To his credit the guy I spoke to was very calm but could not describe any system or process in place for for people switching to fibre and taking tv at the same time. I suggested that the fact that he did not know what to do or how to resolve the issue was the problem. The company will not send out the youview box until you have a fibre connection and apparently have no process for sending out the box when that actually happens. If you contact customer service as I did the majority of people will know nothing about the tv side of things (there is no tv contact number or different chat service) and so do nothing or send mails that have no effect.
I was lucky, it only took a week of online chats and phone calls to find somebody who could join the dots together and put me through to 'tv sales' to get this box delivered. How long would I have waited if I had not called persistently?
So, surely the answer is for the customer service team to be made more aware of how to help out in this situation.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I've passed the feedback on regarding the agent that made no mention of agreeing a call back.
The TV contact number can be found Here. However that does not excuse the errors that you have unfortunately experienced.
When upgrading to fibre and taking out TV, the agent is supposed to either:

• A) Advise the customer to call back once fibre is installed/active

• B) Agree to take personal ownership and call the customer back once they have seen the order has completed.

This has clearly not happened/been executed correctly on this occasion, I do apologise for this and will be sure to send further feedback on regarding this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mikeonforum
Dabbler

Harry,
Thanks, that is a clear answer. Indeed the TV (sales) contact number is on that link, maybe the tv support FAQs and options should point there and / or add some information regarding for tv support to use this number.
A) As far as I know I was advised to call back which is what I did, on the wrong number it would appear. As you have gathered, the problem being that the 'normal' customer service team did not know to pass me to the right department until many contacts had been made.
B) There is a chance that the person named on the ticket that was raised when the order was placed is temporarily or permanently unavailable
Thanks for listening and commenting. I always prefer to understand where things have gone wrong and if you can avoid that for other customers all the better.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: mikeonforum
maybe the tv support FAQs and options should point there and / or add some information regarding for tv support to use this number.

That's a good point. I'll stick it on one of the stickies in the TV forum.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
mikeonforum
Dabbler

The saga continues but no big deal right now compared to people with 'real' problems.
"Your box will be dispatched on the 2nd of November", "When your order is shipped we will confirm the tracking number"
As we can see from the forum post date, 3rd November 14:08, no tracking number and plusnet apparently cannot hurry or chase the order. This whole exercise was supposed to be a surprise for my son so he can watch the football.
Again, disappointed but not surprised.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I'm just looking into this.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mikeonforum
Dabbler

Thanks Matthew. Did you find anything?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

It looks like it may have been delayed due to a system issue.
Leave it with me and I'll get this chased up for you.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team