Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where have all the PN staff gone?

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Where have all the PN staff gone?

@PeterLoftus wrote:
Which Magazine ..... Plusnet are top of the ratings for TV and Broadband Bundles with a customer score of 65%

Did Which? say over what period they collected the data? Until the new network started giving us problems I would probably have agreed with the result of that survey. Not now.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@PeterLoftus wrote:
(Which) members who are also Plusnet etc. Customers

There's an obvious problem with that of course.

A bit like limiting the survey to forum contributors and you yourself pointed out how wrong that would be.

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

But Which surveys are well thought of percisly because it is a survey of members for the benefit of members. What you see in the media is just the press release and doesn't include all the info available to members
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Problem with a lot of these so called independent surveys , we never know when the samples were asked the Question ?

A few month ago when PN was running ok and giving BB away for free , YES the samples that  were taken  were bound to be Happy .

If you ask a sample of people here in the last 4 weeks you would get a different answer .

And that is what this post about Present problems !!!!!

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
cleandishee
Grafter

shutter wrote:

Isn`t this present situation, something akin to the Beeching cuts, on the railway branch lines?

Possibly.

Personally I look to the example of British Leyland in the 1970's.

Leyland had become a monolith owning many different brands of cars which management got frightened meant they were competing with themselves.

Their answer - nobble some of your own products to stamp this out.

You then had the farce of Triumph having under powered cars because they only wanted Rover using the better engine.

The classic example was of the Austin Princess, having the entire design crippled because management refused to allow it to have a hatchback as designed because they wanted this to be the selling point of the Maxi.

Leyland naturally failed and became somewhat of a laughing stock, while loyal customers switched to foreign cars and never came back.

My personal feeling is that Plusnet is a victim of the change of ambition of its owner B.T. who got into the multi play business and is going head on with SKY.

Sky I always felt was Plusnet's natural rival while B.T considered itself the premium brand in the mass market suppliers. (Also being there for people who disliked BT and were unaware of the ownership situation)

As with Leyland, I feel the shift of ground for BT left them with a bit of dilemma regarding Plusnet. They didn't want to to compete with themselves so maybe it was this what made the choice to focus on the bargain basement area, dominated by Talk Talk.

The price war and over the top offers recently has naturally swelled the numbers. We all know that support, service etc costs money and gradually we have seen the decline of these with Plusnet.

Similar to the respected brands of Hoover and Hotpoint in the 1980's that were bought by the cheaper Italian suppliers. There is money to be made on the original reputation.

As it took time for people to notice in the late 1990's/ Early 2000's that their replacement Hotpoint machine was essentially a re badged Indesit machine they could have bought for 25% less without the Hotpoint name, eventually these people got wise and switched to Bosch or AEG machines.

Plusnet still has a number of awards for service in the recent past, the forums exist and a lot of people whose Internet was setup in this period and it still works would still recommend and be happy with Plusnet at present.

This is the advantage it has over Talk Talk at present so it is profitable to make the most out of this, hence the type of commercials we are getting.

I personally have never seen this end well in the long run and I try to get out before things get too bad and you are stuck behind 1000's of others running for the lifeboats when things really start falling apart.

The absence of the reps, especially to help a vulnerable woman begging for help in another forum (the reason for me resigning up and posting again) is alarming.

I have to really have a think about moving again as this level of communication is just too low to rely on if something unexpected interupts my service.

St3
Aspiring Champion

I dont think plusnet will have a number of awards in 2017

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

have just heard PN radio advert  it says , Our Helpful and Friendly staff are ALWAYS available to help  Lips_are_sealed

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Thumbs_Up  WE have staff who are POSTING Cool  and a new one too

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

....and now they have all gone away again.

There is a new article on The Register at http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/09/23/plusnet_packet_woes_outage/ which reports a statement from a PlusNet spokesperson: "[We] would like to thank our customers for their continued patience and will keep them updated."

It was the "...keep the updated" bit that I thought worth sharing so that we all can finish the day with a Laugh

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

PN staff did make some posts on the MEGGA thread ,  but didnt really say a lot .

So we dont know if the https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Status/Planned-Network-Maintenance-Friday-23rd-September-01-00... was anything to improve the situation Roll_eyes

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

It seems the work was related to the ongoing issues.

Dave Tomlinson posted this:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/High-packet-loss-and-other-DNS-issues/m-p/1370750#M474...

in the "megga thread".

St3
Aspiring Champion

I think plusnet have a few issues atm, firstly the new network going [-Censored-] up and then storm damage to most part of the uk, i can imagine the storms didnt help much maybe plusnet staff got blew away in a big wind ?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@St3

And yet no other ISP is posting about 5 day delays to existing issues or even MBORC. Why?

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Has BT told PN you are last on list for repairs 👿
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

To be clear - the fundamental problem isn't MBORC it is the delay before Plusnet actually do anything which appears to be at least 3 days and often longer